Simple terms long grad layers what's the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelife

Reaction score
Morning everyone I'm on my level two hair and for some reason I Carnt grasp the difference between long grad and layers if ins it easier cut from the crown down in orange segments does this create the same effect as those who I've seen cut ear to ear across ways if this makes sence and with long grad can u cut orange seg way just pull up rather than out I need this in simple terms I'm fine with all other cuts its just this :-/

Long and short - long graduation hair is longer in length with shorter layers falling on top, short graduation sorter in the nape at the hair line getting longer as you go up.

All depends on the cutting angle, to cut in orange segments and cut at a 180 will mean the hair at the crown area will be far shorter as you use your perimeter line as your guide.

It really depends on what the Client wants, hair texture and density.

If some one has real fine hair I opulent advise shorter layer and could opt for a 45-90 degree angle starting. I'd work up o the occipital bone at a one length to create. Nice full looking base line and the introduce the layers, so you still have full looking ends and one nice layers in their to create movement.

For thick hair you can start your layers lower down as the base line will look fuller faster and the work on a 180 degree angle pulling the hair straight up creating shorter lighter layer on top flowing nicely down.

Hard to explain!!! Thats how we where taught.

It's more your angles combined with the client on how to create the overall finish.

Latest posts

Back