Single parents that found love again?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jambo x

Reaction score
Hi all! :)

I have been a single parent to my baby since Father's Day, now I am not looking for a relationship at the moment as my daughter is only 7 months old and my priority, but I am worried and question will a man ever want me when I have such a big responsibility on my hands?

Just wondering if and how you found love again, is there any such thing as 'the one?'

X

I can't comment on the single mother point of view but you can absolutely find love again.

My brother has dated single mothers he met through eharmony and although they didn't work out, he never had a problem seeing someone with a child.

Also after my cousin divorced she became a single mother of 3. She met her other half online dating who was a single father of 1 and they now have a child together too.

A friend of mine had a baby as the result of a one night stand before meeting her now husband at work. As far as he is concerned the baby was his first child and they have had two more since.

I believe there are several people out there who could be the one for you. It just depends where your lives cross paths x

Hi Lovely,
I was just passing but wanted to say that of course you will!!

My situation is slightly different, as I put relationships on hold due to illness, however I feel it's similar as I felt that my illness was a big responsibility or as I called it "baggage" for anyone to want to take on. . But when the timing is right and you're ready to meet someone, the right person will accept you and everything that's part of you!

I think it's such an honour that you'd be allowing someone into your little family and if they didn't realise that, then they wouldn't be worth your time[emoji8]. X

I can't comment on the single mother point of view but you can absolutely find love again.

My brother has dated single mothers he met through eharmony and although they didn't work out, he never had a problem seeing someone with a child.

Also after my cousin divorced she became a single mother of 3. She met her other half online dating who was a single father of 1 and they now have a child together too.

A friend of mine had a baby as the result of a one night stand before meeting her now husband at work. As far as he is concerned the baby was his first child and they have had two more since.

I believe there are several people out there who could be the one for you. It just depends where your lives cross paths x
Thank you that's really sweet! I do believe in fate but am yet to meet a man who can prove me wrong :)

I suppose as we get older people are less judgemental of it!

I will have to see where life takes me :) x

Hi Lovely,
I was just passing but wanted to say that of course you will!!

My situation is slightly different, as I put relationships on hold due to illness, however I feel it's similar as I felt that my illness was a big responsibility or as I called it "baggage" for anyone to want to take on. . But when the timing is right and you're ready to meet someone, the right person will accept you and everything that's part of you!

I think it's such an honour that you'd be allowing someone into your little family and if they didn't realise that, then they wouldn't be worth your time[emoji8]. X
That's such a lovely thing to say! "Such an honour that I would allow someone into my little family" - that's beautiful and makes me see it from a different light, rather than looking at it as 'baggage' I should be looking at it as a privilege! Thank you!

I hope you are well and your illness is getting better, these things only happen to the strongest of people :) x

I'm a single mum to two teenage boys and I have found love again with the very first boyfriend I had met when I moved to this country 21 years ago so it does happen and a good man won't be put off by kids, my new partner couldn't be more wonderful to my kids, when you expect it less someone will walk into your life. Be positive !!! Lots of love x

I was a single parent with two daughters. Then one day i was talking to a lad on facebook that i'd been friends with since i was about 13 year old, we've always lived in the same village, and something just clicked. We arranged to go on a date and we've been inseparable since. We've been together for 7 year and we now have a 1 year old little girl together. All 5 of us are such a happy little family. It will happen for you and it will be when you least expect it xx

You defiantly will Hun. Me and my little girls dad split up 5 years ago when she was just 2. I had s couple of relationships and none worked out due to them not being able to cope with the fact I have a child. I ended up with depression and all sorts. But then when I wasn't looking for it, I met my now partner, and we are soon moving in together. He's is amazing with my little one and I am so happy. It may take time, but there are decent men out there [emoji177] xx

You will my mum and dad met other people ( years ago ) got re married and me and my sister were literally the kids from hell and both step parents are still around lol !!!! We have grown up and changed now though !

Latest posts

Back