Site Upgrade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As many of you have become painfully aware, I have been busy upgrading the site tonight. The vast majority of the upgrades are merely internals so there arent really any new whistles and bells.

I am still tinkering away, however most of the site is up and running enough to where I would feel bad if I kept you out any longer :)

So... note that you may still encounter hicups as I tweak and fix issues, but for the most part you shouldnt experience any further geeking issues.

GO ahead and post in this thread any issues you have using the site and Ill get to it asap. After everything is finished, Ill end up deleting this thread.

Note that I havent even touched the chat room yet so don't bother yet :)

nJoy

Dear Sir,please can you refrain form "tinkering" when there is naff all on the telly and my hubby is away from now on............................. i had nowt to do :lol:

I second Becki's request sir, I had to get a book out and ......read it :rolleyes:

Last night and this morning when I came in and clicked to see whats new in the last 24hrs I get the screen that tells me I have to wait 30 seconds before searching again and to please wait 30 seconds. The Forum home page is one of IE homepage tabs so its not that I tried to come straight into the search results page for new posts.

It's not a problem, it just didn't happen before.

Thanks Sam x

When doing a quick reply in a PM I keep getting this message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please
inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Normal replying to message worked ok, just quick replies.

Rachel x

strange i did that when i logged on( whats new in last 24 hours thing), and mine works fine hun? xx

strange i did that when i logged on( whats new in last 24 hours thing), and mine works fine hun? xx

Some times it just seems to have a blib. Just now I did a couple of PM's and then checkd for new posts and got told to wait 30 seconds, waited for that, tried again, wait for 30 seconds. I got here by just coming directly to the topic from the home page but for the last few minutes I haven't been able to just get new posts.

:hug:

When doing a quick reply in a PM I keep getting this message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Normal replying to message worked ok, just quick replies.

Rachel x
me too! I had to go into the message itself to reply which leaves the question in it as a huge quote.

it only seems to happen if you are using the quick reply box .. try just sending a reply using the reply teb.

PM Quick reply should be ok now.

omg so you mean to tell me you put us all back in our geek box only 5 MINUTES after I gave up waiting and went to bed instead :eek:
Sam shame on you tut tut tut lol :green:
Im getting the new post thing too....I mean 30 seconds is a long time really when you think about it :cry:
:lol:

Last night and this morning when I came in and clicked to see whats new in the last 24hrs I get the screen that tells me I have to wait 30 seconds before searching again and to please wait 30 seconds. The Forum home page is one of IE homepage tabs so its not that I tried to come straight into the search results page for new posts.

It's not a problem, it just didn't happen before.

Thanks Sam x

Me too Sam and it is driving me bonkers!!:green:

It's really making me nuts now, I get it when I check for new posts so I wait for what I think is 30 seconds and it tells me again I have to wait another 30 :confused:

I decided to return to the homepage earlier instead and it logged me out, didn't realise to start with what had happened and just thought Sam had changed some functions :lol:

It's really making me nuts now, I get it when I check for new posts so I wait for what I think is 30 seconds and it tells me again I have to wait another 30 :confused:

its happening for me too! driving me bonkers also!

mines working fine...you lot broke yours...:lol:

Yup me as well :lol::lol: AND I can only count to 20 not 30 :wink2: :lol: so that's no good :lol::lol:

:lol: Not just me then. I'm in a particularly vile mood today so I'm fast approaching a Hulk moment................

I decided to return to the homepage earlier instead and it logged me out, didn't realise to start with what had happened and just thought Sam had changed some functions :lol:

mine is the same keeps saying wait 30 secs then starts all over again...wait 30 secs

Dear Gmg lol.
Cathie! is having major problems with her account,
she can't reply to thread, view blogs or Pm's either....

Please help our geek in need as soon as possible.....if we don't get our fix...we start going green, vomiting...and then our heads start spinning :eek:
It aint a pretty sight !!!!!!
:green:

Enough with the 30 seconds malarky...I haven't the patience:eek::lol:
Still understand it's been working on though..... before you tell me off Samuel x:)

Latest posts

Back