Situation for wedding..please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essential Bliss

Reaction score
Hi geeks..after little bit of advice :)

I have a wedding booked in for 8 weeks time,for nails and make up for four people,I done makeup trials and all went well.
But I have been told I've gotta go have an operation in 8 weeks time and I'm concerned this will clash with the wedding as I'm currently waiting for a date.
Do I warn her that it may clash as I'm gonna be out of work for two weeks,obviously if I can do it I will,but I guess it depends how I feel...or do I wait til I find out the date before I mention it?
Also with concerns to the trials,if I can't make it,do I refund the money for the trial make up or a part refund?

Any advice on the situation will be much appriciated xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I would warn her. And tell her you will let her know ASAP but it will mean she will be aware at least.

I think you should refund all the money as the wedding would still go ahead if it weren't for your operation.

Then again of you warn her she might cancel so wait and see what other geeks say.

Hey Hun

Bit of a dilemma there! Well what I would say from a brides point of view is she needs to know now. Leaving it to late for her could mean she is not able to find someone else at short notice or she hasnt enough to do makeup trails elsewhere and get everyone together. I know its a bummer for you, but as you can't guarantee you'll be able to do it I think you have to give her the option of holding on or cancelling, as you've already said, but she needs plenty of time to decide this.

With regards to refunds if you are unable to do go ahead I would fully refund, I know that's a difficult one, but the thing is is its not her fault if you can't make the date, and I would see it as a client that I shouldnt have to pay out for another trial on top of the wedding day as well.

I just think that if the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak, if she had to cancel on you last minute you probably wouldnt be best pleased hun and rightfully so. All you can do is warn her and see what she says, which may mean you risk losing the booking.

Remember there are bridezillas out there and the last thing you need is one on your case if youre recovering ;)

Love n hugs and I hope I understood your post properly lol! xxx

Do you have any colleagues or friends that could take this on for you?
Perhaps when you tell her, which you should, you could say you can recommend x she is great, at least this way you will be offering a solution to the problem.
You could pass on your notes and even let your friend use the colours from your kit if they were very specific. You could perhaps keep a 'commision' so to speak too! You should know soon enough a date for your op so make it clear that YOU will be doing the wedding if you are able and just keep everybody well informed.
This is how I would handle it xx

Thank you all for your replies.

Think your right in warning her so I will give her a call this afternoon :) hopefully it won't clash but if it does then hopefully I can suggest someone else to do it for her. I'm more than willing to give full refund as its not at all her fault and it is her big day which is stressful enough as it is.
Thank you again geeks :) much appriciated xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Latest posts

Back