2/3 week infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but she’s filled up today, I’m gonna be persistent. She was late on my appointment yesterday, I didn’t care one bit but she needs to redo these. I can’t wait another day it’s ocd maddening. Still have that ocd you know and don’t want to pick! I won’t if it’s today but I can’t promise another day

Anyone know if it is completely unreasonable (albeit she is COMPLETELY booked online) to push for today? I also don't want to be an ass. LOL. I have plans this weekend and they close Monday and I doubt I can wait til Tuesday cause it is peeling in chunks. I am afraid it'll impact my fresh set with water damage if left alone.

Alsoooo think it's time to go to the other tech next time hahaha ;) I can forgive lifting but never in my life even in chop shops have I had this issue EVER.

If this happened to one of my clients, I would probably offer to work late to get you in, but I don't know if everyone would be the same. If you do end up picking off al the gel, you'll be left with bare acrylic which should be fine. It'll just be a little ugly and matte. I can't see how you could get any water damage from not having a gel colour or topcoat on. I don't work with acrylic so Trinity might correct me. But occasionally I get my tech to do me a plain acrylic set and I go home and design them myself with gel. I've had no issues doing that

If this happened to one of my clients, I would probably offer to work late to get you in, but I don't know if everyone would be the same. If you do end up picking off al the gel, you'll be left with bare acrylic which should be fine. It'll just be a little ugly and matte. I can't see how you could get any water damage from not having a gel colour or topcoat on. I don't work with acrylic so Trinity might correct me. But occasionally I get my tech to do me a plain acrylic set and I go home and design them myself with gel. I've had no issues doing that

Yea, I feel bad having her work late but she always always always runs late for me and I never complain. :p

I have not be anxious or depressed or picking at my nails but last night I had a BIG hunch this would happen. Learned so much about nails from you guys it looked a little thick and like it was not cured which is why I showed you last night. Why can't you guys be my techs? I will move to the UK. I tip well, am really NOT a pain in the ass, am always early for appointments, don't fiddle with my hands to ruin your prep, ALWAYS have my polish picked out before my appointment, and follow allll the suggestions including gloves, oils, lotions... LOL I will not pick with acrylics on even if they look like this. I never had a picking problem with fake nails. :)

Ok so I messaged her, she saw it, NO reply. I don't want to call the shop to kinda tell on her... I am going to wait a bit but my annoyance grows. If she doesn't reply, I am going to go somewhere else for a color change and dispute the charge.

I said very nicely (with images:)

"Sorry do you have availability today? I am available 2:30 on... the nails are peeling in water. If you are all booked out, I wouldn't mind getting a color change (?) with another tech. Please let me know. I am busy Friday-Saturday, and do not think I can wait until Tuesday for a fix."

I am going to my MIL's this weekend. It's the truth. I do not want to run around like a chicken without a head for a nail appointment and if I wait until Tuesday that's one week of botched nails I paid good money for (and I schedule my appointments biweekly so it's just a waste of money IMHO, like a wasted week.)

If she’s booked up all day she’s probably working on a client. Give her time to get back to you, say 2 hours if that’s how long she usually takes, and then you decide what’s best. If you go to a different salon they might suggest a removal and fresh set as they can’t be sure what products have been used already

If she’s booked up all day she’s probably working on a client. Give her time to get back to you, say 2 hours if that’s how long she usually takes, and then you decide what’s best. If you go to a different salon they might suggest a removal and fresh set as they can’t be sure what products have been used already

It has been 2 hours so I called. They said she may have availability at 2 pm but are not sure, and also the front desk girl is new so she told me if I go to a different tech I may be charged (?) LOL I was like, very politely, if I need to go to a different tech it would be a little unfair to be charged considering the product didn't hold up for 24 hours. I am awaiting a call back but am quite a bit put off from this place. :-/ Like really. It is not cheap. 45$ per fill and I go biweekly. I also tip 20$ considering the time she spends on me (10 per hour seems fair.)

Okkkk soooo another tech will be taking care of me today for a "color change" appointment. Prob for the best. I may stick with her tbh considering all these hiccups. Drilling off the gel polish and reapplying a different color won't compromise the fill in job will it? That is my only concern. I want to kinda watch to make sure they don't skimp because I am under the impression they think I am being a demanding customer. BLOWS my mind tbh. This is definitely not my fault and I know that.

So also does gel usually peel off of acrylics vs hard gels? I never had this problem before so I am wondering if gel will peel on acrylics after time goes by? I remember on gels it never came off. Lifting was the only issue and maybe fading sometimes. Cause if gel polish can peel off of acrylics then I need to switch back to hard gels where only lifting was my issue the next time I go.

It's not normal for gel to peel off ANYTHING, whether that's acrylic or hard gel. It's down to bad prep, bad application or insufficient curing

It's not normal for gel to peel off ANYTHING, whether that's acrylic or hard gel. It's down to bad prep, bad application or insufficient curing

Thanks. All my questions are answered lol I’m going at 4 to new tech. I’m gonna switch to her for future appointments if you guys like the look of the pics I send. Otherwise I’m off to another salon. I don’t jump around often. When I lived in NY 3 years ago I stayed with same girl for years but I moved out to NJ and even before pandemic I was getting my feelers on. I promise you these are not chop shops. I’d share their Instagram with you privately if you want to DM me but I would never do so public. I don’t want to embarrass anyway due to this really annoying job I got!! Even though I am annoyed!! Really was polite too with salon and stuff today. Just way too many issues for my taste

Sorry @Kyralouise, gel will absolutely peel off acrylic if the acrylic surface is too smooth, it's generally accepted you need to leave the surface much rougher than for normal polish. Gel polish is super slippery so needs a really good foundation to stick to.

Sorry @Kyralouise, gel will absolutely peel off acrylic if the acrylic surface is too smooth, it's generally accepted you need to leave the surface much rougher than for normal polish. Gel polish is super slippery so needs a really good foundation to stick to.

Where do I find a tech like you both, Trinity? Such knowledge. Really, you are getting me so interested in nails I keep thinking to go back to school and just add this to my criteria and do my own nails, haha LOL. It is very interesting stuff. Thank God I have your advice though cause otherwise I'd be convinced this was me doing something even though I have been sooo careful. :p

Fingers crossed this other tech is good... tbh you liked her work better when I showed you back in Oct. I ended with this lady when she was out, and then just booked her noticing she is booked up when the other one isn't. I figured that means she rocks it. Should have listened to your eye for detail way back in Oct. Well, I don't learn. I deserve this suffering (LOL.) It's just a pain in the ass but let this be the worst of my issues please God. Thanks :D

Where do I find a tech like you both, Trinity? Such knowledge. Really, you are getting me so interested in nails I keep thinking to go back to school and just add this to my criteria and do my own nails, haha LOL. It is very interesting stuff. Thank God I have your advice though cause otherwise I'd be convinced this was me doing something even though I have been sooo careful. :p

Fingers crossed this other tech is good... tbh you liked her work better when I showed you back in Oct. I ended with this lady when she was out, and then just booked her noticing she is booked up when the other one isn't. I figured that means she rocks it. Should have listened to your eye for detail way back in Oct. Well, I don't learn. I deserve this suffering (LOL.) It's just a pain in the ass but let this be the worst of my issues please God. Thanks :D

I remember the first one was the better of the two, are you happier with the re-do?

I remember the first one was the better of the two, are you happier with the re-do?

Yup. You can say you told me so. :p I am going in about an hour and will update you. I can't expect miracles because god knows how the set is under the gel. I know she was extra meticulous with it but who knows. I am changing my next appointment to this gal in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Not happy. Idk what to do. She nicked my cuticles many times. They feel raw. Hurt so bad. Buffed so hard nails hurt. She soaked my nails in those acetone clippers which I’m upset about. I should have said no. But I’m too polite. They were on for like 5 mins but I use special lotions and shit to keep acrylics from lifting and after spraying my hands with sanitizer herself after I washed them and then soaking them in acetone I’m annoyed. The acrylics looked thinner and scuffed not sure if that’s in my head, not a pro but felt she ruined the acrylic before buffing the gel off because who soaks them in acetone... They look thin and flimsy to me. Tell me am I wrong if I am. I would love to be told I’m being annoying if I am.... like, can you soak acrylics like that in acetone like you’re doing reshellac... so angry.... cuticles bloodied and burn in water. What should my next steps be here?? Can you even fix acrylic that had acetone damage?? The set cost 100$. If I’m not being too much what should I request as the businesses next steps?? She struggled using matte and asked my previous tech what to do.

She offered to put gel overlay over the acrylics to smooth them out cause the acetone left them rough, like what!!! She decided it’d be best to buff them smooth when I questioned if you can mix those items. Thank god I at least said no to hard gel on my acrylics. She said the gel polish will fill in any surface scratches as a solution !!! From the acrylic!!! As she went she must have felt I was being insufferable so she took pics... pics of the acrylic with top coat, then with color. I don’t plan to complain about her but I would appreciate at this point a fresh set it it’s ruined and the service I asked for yesterday.

I was not so nice to this one. I questioned everything. I know I’m not a pro but after the acetone and blood I was getting very annoyed. I spent a lot of time making my nails top notch not for this crap. Looking at lanolin on anything. Not for acetone soaks.

Please tell me I’m being a difficult customer and it’s me. I would love to hear this. I swear I’ll stfu. Just tired of going back so much here and I don’t like fighting with people... Siiigh ok. But I feel like a soak off and new set is needed again I’m not a pro but can one rebuild on an acetone soaked acrylic. The girl I went to booked is booked til Thursday so it’ll be an annoying wait for sure. She told me when I came in her light was busted... my nails were not cured and all wet

Attachments

• 7B05571A-538E-42BA-AF17-76A10600198C.jpeg
    7B05571A-538E-42BA-AF17-76A10600198C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • 73ADE332-B3B5-49FF-9696-D00A4554B6F7.jpeg
    73ADE332-B3B5-49FF-9696-D00A4554B6F7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • 265D417B-6033-4192-9AC0-DB5C4613656C.jpeg
    265D417B-6033-4192-9AC0-DB5C4613656C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 283BF637-898A-4C8B-9BEC-7F83E867140A.jpeg
    283BF637-898A-4C8B-9BEC-7F83E867140A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • A9E4E29F-750D-4F7E-B701-624C865B6A27.jpeg
    A9E4E29F-750D-4F7E-B701-624C865B6A27.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • 517372C6-AEEF-4693-9203-37E2D294598A.jpeg
    517372C6-AEEF-4693-9203-37E2D294598A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Ouch. I can feel you on the cuticle situation. I asked my old tech to stop using nippers on me as I just couldn't take the pain. I know it shouldn't hurt, but I didn't want to tell her she was doing it wrong. She also nicked them with the file, made them bleed, and decided to use nail glue to stop the bleeding as I was ruining her acrylic with my blood (!)

When I go for an infill and colour change, my tech just files off the gel and refills the acrylic, pops on a new gel, no acetone.

They look fine in the pictures, but they looked fine before until you changed the angle. Except the free edge on your thumb. It looks sloppy. I think you want someone to tell you to go elsewhere. I would. Even if they give you the most amazing perfect set, you're going to be wary and doubt them.

Ouch. I can feel you on the cuticle situation. I asked my old tech to stop using nippers on me as I just couldn't take the pain. I know it shouldn't hurt, but I didn't want to tell her she was doing it wrong. She also nicked them with the file, made them bleed, and decided to use nail glue to stop the bleeding as I was ruining her acrylic with my blood (!)

When I go for an infill and colour change, my tech just files off the gel and refills the acrylic, pops on a new gel, no acetone.

They look fine in the pictures, but they looked fine before until you changed the angle. Except the free edge on your thumb. It looks sloppy. I think you want someone to tell you to go elsewhere. I would. Even if they give you the most amazing perfect set, you're going to be wary and doubt them.

Thanks.
I kinda want to dispute the service or get a removal/free set due to the negligence. But I’m gonna wait to see if this acetone stuff is normal

FFS!

No you don't soak Gel Polish off acrylic
You gently buff it off. Soaking in acetone will start to breakdown the acrylic too, especially underneath where there is no gel.
I was concerned they might over buff the Gel polish off and start to thin the acrylic too, but this is worse.
I have no idea why they have top coated the acrylic then added colour coats. The colour coat goes on the acrylic. It's no wonder it's peeling.
How has she managed to damage your cuticles if she soaked off?? I can see how it might happen if she used a sanding band on an e-file (I never use an e-file to remove gel polish, I hand file, but I do know great techs who do, but it's a skill that needs practise) they look like abrasive cuts to me.
The Gel polish around the cuticles is no better than before
That thumb is dreadful

I'm at a complete loss to know what to say. I'd be embarrassed to turnout work like that and I charge about a third of what you've paid so far.

I know CND.com used to have a 'find a technician' facility on their website, you could only get on the list if you ordered Shellac within a certain time frame so as to keep it current. I don't know if they still have it or if it's up to date in these current times.

https://cnd.com/find-salon
I put New Jersey in the above search but it have no idea of the distances/realities of going to any of the salons that come up. One of the suggestions is a tech called Kelly Hancock in Hillsborough, she is classed as a Grand Master Technician, I'd go to her if possible. I am an Acrylic Master Technician so she is probably better qualified than me.

Thanks.
I kinda want to dispute the service or get a removal/free set due to the negligence. But I’m gonna wait to see if this acetone stuff is normal

To be truthful I'd be worried about what more damage they'll do trying to remove them completely. They've created far too much work for themselves and damage to you for what should have been a simple colour change and repairs. God only knows what they'll do for a complete removal.

To be truthful I'd be worried about what more damage they'll do trying to remove them completely. They've created far too much work for themselves and damage to you for what should have been a simple colour change and repairs. God only knows what they'll do for a complete removal.

I’ll look into it. I live in middlesex though and seems too far. :( I’m looking into the service I’ll need. Do you think I’ll need a soak off and new set. I’m also writing to owner to see if they can reimburse me.

If they offer a free fill is this gonna fix the acrylic damage or do I need a full set. Or even at new place? Needs to be removed now or can it be built upon?

I’m glad I am right to be upset this time and it’s not my ocd.

One last thing do you think with all my complaints they think I’m that customer orrr do you think that like any tech should realize an oops was done. I contacted girl who did my fill and she said the acetone was not the route she’d take.. she offered to see me for 30 mins today so I contacted owner to say at this point I need more time and like a brand new product or a refund

It’s actually 30 mins away hmmm maybe this is an option, when I call is it for soak off/new set or fill? I’ll dispute my other charges

Last edited:
They will probably want to soak off and start again as there could be weakening of the acrylic due to
the acetone they used to soak off the gel polish. That's what I personally would do.
I would never ever soaked off with acetone or anything else if the gel polish is on acrylic. I only used a soak off if it's on natural nails and then its a soak off specially for gel polish not acetone.
Hope if you do find another salon you have better luck.

They will probably want to soak off and start again as there could be weakening of the acrylic due to
the acetone they used to soak off the gel polish. That's what I personally would do.
I would never ever soaked off with acetone or anything else if the gel polish is on acrylic. I only used a soak off if it's on natural nails and then its a soak off specially for gel polish not acetone.
Hope if you do find another salon you have better luck.

Thank you ❤ Maybe I should wait then. My cuticles burn like dickens and tbh my nail plate too. She used a file and I think she filed too hard. My nails can’t be damaged cause the acrylics still there but ouch.

Thanks for all of your advice. I want to say I am not anxious about this, not picking, but disgusted. I am very very angry 😡 and I think that’s a normal way of thinking. If they do offer a free service to fix it idk if I will accept because a) don’t trust b) idk how to be nice at this point. They seem to think I’m a difficult client!! When I was questioning the woman yesterday she snapped a pic of my nails after she put a base coat. Even though the acrylic was all roughed up and the top coat fixed it and then a pic of my nails for her own “personal record” and not for the site. Honestly how messed up. I got pics too before and after and before I didn’t have no blood on my skin soooo 😡😡😡 I am so over the sweet little Cinderella act I usually give when I get my nails done with this place. I am gonna be a big Karen about this idc...

I also TIPPED her 7$ for this fix. I am a tool.

Attachments

• BAE9EBE1-5C79-4820-9C9E-46B2592694EA.jpeg
    BAE9EBE1-5C79-4820-9C9E-46B2592694EA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 7C308185-5940-4805-B39F-88C387B5814E.jpeg
    7C308185-5940-4805-B39F-88C387B5814E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
(I am so sorry for your experience) These nail techs are incompetent, you need to find another salon. If you are on social media, I would ask people in my area for their recommendations for the exact service you are looking for and your price range. Hope you find a forever nail service home. 💗

(I am so sorry for your experience) These nail techs are incompetent, you need to find another salon. If you are on social media, I would ask people in my area for their recommendations for the exact service you are looking for and your price range. Hope you find a forever nail service home. 💗

Good idea. I’m going to do this and calling Trinity’s recommendation.

Trinity omg 25 mins away, the prices are better and that tech is still there wtf gonna try to book it. Can’t believe anyone else would be more knowledgeable than you though ;)
http://thedayspaathairplus.com/salon/#salon-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back