Sizing The Tip!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
When you chose a tip and you bring the edges in with the tip before sticking it on...I dont really understand what im suppose to be doing here....I know it seems so trivial but I just dont get it really...am I supposed to make it diagonal either side or rounded..how much am i supposed to bo taking off????

Is the amount you take off important and do both sides have to be important....sometimes I think i might be taking a bit too much off when im not supposed to then other times I wonder..cant I take loads off if im ust gonna be filing most of it away anyway! ???

Sorry for rambling a bit there lol and hope you can understand what I mean, any help...much appreciated x

sorry i meant ....do both sides have to be EQUAL! lol

do you mean when pre tailoring a tip...? yes both sides should be equal.

I think this shows how classroom based training is much better than home based - you can ask questions to your tutor then, be shown examples and get all the help you need.

I think this shows how classroom based training is much better than home based - you can ask questions to your tutor then, be shown examples and get all the help you need.

I agree, even long after i'd finished my training if I came accross a question we had all the contact details to get in touch with our tutors x x

Hi Hun,
i am a bit confused here, your title says tip fitting???? so that relates to the size of the tip in relation to the size of the natural nail.
Do you mean pre tailoring, reducing the well area so you reducing the amount of filing???
Tip sizing should be part of your EN course and should be on the DVD.
But if you mean reducing the well area then there are no hard and fast rules, you basically reduce the well area so that the tip is custom tailored for each individual clients need and still has some small adhesion in the well area. Thats what pre tailoring means, a bit like a made to measure suit. The sidewalls below the well area have to remain should you need sidewall correction. But if you need to correct the lower arch, for example your tip has a poor lower arch, then you may reduce this by removing a very thin slice with for example curved scissors.

If in doubt it is always good to check with your tutor or in the case of EN their advise help line, which is free to all their students, I know it is not the same as class room tuition but they are familiar with their course structure and will be able to help you if you get stuck. In the mean time I hope we have helped a little.

Latest posts

Back