SJK hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i dont think samples are often good indicators of the hair quality! Missbabykane, the 1g is good. I had a few clients I only ever had fitted with 0.5g or 0.8g and the 1g was fine, it takes a few days for them to settle going from 0.5g - 1g but they should be fine! Though i mainly use the 1.1g :) x

thanks. how many bonds do you usaully fit of the 1.1g?
I usually do up to 150 of the 0.8g depending on thickness, but i leave no gaps inbetween rows/bonds.
i'm wondering if 100 bonds would be enough for 1.1g, doing brickwork with gaps inbetween each bond?

Just received some more of my order (still waiting for 25 strands now!') and this hair is from a different batch - same colour #60 but looks totally different! And has brown bits going through it! Will use this hair but doubt ill be ordering through sjk again unless it's dark colours and unless my order gets sent in one go.

Yep I can get away with 100 strands for 1.1g! (not with all heads though) :)

Don't know why everyone raves about this hair. I got some samples a while ago admittedly but it was terrible! Are these good comments coming from recent use of the hair? As I may get some more samples if this is the way? X

Don't know why everyone raves about this hair. I got some samples a while ago admittedly but it was terrible! Are these good comments coming from recent use of the hair? As I may get some more samples if this is the way? X

I said up above I don't believe in samples best getting about 25s .or doing a client cheaper to test it on. I love it ! There Facebook has lots of comments and pictures xx

yeah defo try them out again, Everyones loving their hair at the minute! im a big fan :)

yeah defo try them out again, Everyones loving their hair at the minute! im a big fan :)

I'm not because I've got the same colour hair but from different batches so its different colours, quite a lot of difference! Hopefully it blends through!

Last edited:
hiya! I've had my own trial run of sjk in for almost a month now, and i wasn't initially impressed at all however after a few washes and treating them kindly they are pretty good i must say, only a few strands that are tuggy around the "colour join" as i have dip dye 6-22 in just now.

I wouldn't say particularly better than hairplanet, definitely budget hair but I do like the fact that the girls are very easy to contact, as seem to genuinely do what they can to help you out.

I fitted a set of the 1.1g strands the other day on a girl with particularly thick (and short!!) hair, and used 175 bonds, it looked lovely top to bottom and sat nicely once it was all cut and blended so for someone like her it was ideal, but I'm not sure about using it yet on my "regular" haired clients xxx

hiya! I've had my own trial run of sjk in for almost a month now, and i wasn't initially impressed at all however after a few washes and treating them kindly they are pretty good i must say, only a few strands that are tuggy around the "colour join" as i have dip dye 6-22 in just now.

I wouldn't say particularly better than hairplanet, definitely budget hair but I do like the fact that the girls are very easy to contact, as seem to genuinely do what they can to help you out.

I fitted a set of the 1.1g strands the other day on a girl with particularly thick (and short!!) hair, and used 175 bonds, it looked lovely top to bottom and sat nicely once it was all cut and blended so for someone like her it was ideal, but I'm not sure about using it yet on my "regular" haired clients xxx

I love the luxury ! I keep AAA for budget clients its never been a problem. Luxury seems tobe quite a high quality im trying to get all my clients onto it! But majority of them wear aaa for 12 weeks :)

Not everyone, there's an extension group on Facebook with a few very unhappy SJK customers, one has even shared pics of the luxury hair and its absolutely terrible, to be fair though every supplier can have a bad batch of hair, x

Not everyone, there's an extension group on Facebook with a few very unhappy SJK customers, one has even shared pics of the luxury hair and its absolutely terrible, to be fair though every supplier can have a bad batch of hair, x

can you message me the group name or add me to it please? Would be good to get the other side of the coin! x

can you message me the group name or add me to it please? Would be good to get the other side of the coin! x

yes same!!! lol
i recieved the rest of my order today. 200 strands sent in 3 different packages :confused:
but on the up they sent me 25 free strands :lol:

Yes im on that group but please do tell that it appears that it may have been a bad batch and whilst two of the members were unhappy there was also many happy clients willing to 'stick up' for sjk. Like you said they can have bad batches, I think your just best trying the hair yourself and seeing what you think. Not every extensionist will agree on one company :) x

Yes im on that group but please do tell that it appears that it may have been a bad batch and whilst two of the members were unhappy there was also many happy clients willing to 'stick up' for sjk. Like you said they can have bad batches, I think your just best trying the hair yourself and seeing what you think. Not every extensionist will agree on one company :) x

I agree shauna but to be fair the people "sticking up" for SJK were added to the group by SJK and friends with her personal profile, does make you wonder if they are not a little biased? And they seemed a little bit too concerned just to be a happy customer x

Have to admit that I do like the hair quality but my order also got messed up pretty badly. Wrong amount. Wrong colour. Wrong type. But it was sorted.

Could you also message me the group please??

Pm me the group too! Is it a hair extension forum ? I'm a happy customer , good hair always and free treats! Couldn't beat that! Ha! I think sometimes it's the extensionists to blame ! The after care! But they'll blame the hair companies! But I've never been let down and used them a long time .

yes i agree people are too quick to blame the suppliers when it's there clients who use the wrong products and too much heat. i love SJK i've used all there different types of hair and its always been fantastic. Never had orders wrong either. They always have photos from clients all over the UK and great comments on there Facebook page.

My first order got messed up. And when I wrote on SJK hair extensions page to say I had only recieved half my order, my post was deleted!!

Imho it's pretty obvious how much advertising is going on for this company on this forum.

It is rather unusual for a hair extensionist to reveal their sources, most people on here keep their suppliers a well-guarded secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back