Skin breakout-urgent almost life threatening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to get massive hormone spots on my chin which I couldn't stop messing with and always left a slight scar. However, if I get one now I put sudacrem on in the evenings and it works brilliantly. The hard lump under the skin goes down overnight. I'm also unable to pick and poke a spot which is covered in cream.

Hope you find something that works for you. :)

I switched to the mirena (coil with hormones)originally to help my skin and it did seen to lesson the problem. I had it fitted again last march, as they need replacing every 5 years. Since then I've had cysts come up on the underside of my jaw and on my chin. Deep painful things that were unlike any spots I'd ever had. I actually called family planning services to ask if there had been a change with the coil. Thy assured me there hasn't been but NOTHING else had changed in my routine. I have persevered and the cysts aren't as frequent now or as bad. I'm now wondering if maybe there has been a change or something after all. I will say, the cysts started about 2 weeks after I had it fitted. If yours have only just come up months later, it's probably unrelated. Good luck! I hope you get rid of them asap xx

Woke up with more! I think ill be popping to the docs. Thank you for all of your help ladies xx

Ever since I had the Mirena coil fitted 2 and a half years ago I have awful huge spots those awful painful ones under the skin and loads of just blocked pores all over my chin and blackheads on my cheeks. Doesn't matter how many times you exfoliate and do your skin routine down to a T nothing helps. An I use really good products Guinot which I LOVE. Guess its just a side effect you have to deal with, but when your advising people on a skincare and to look after your skin and you have breakouts yourself it doesn't look good :(

Maybe try Hydrocortisone but above 3% as anything less it too weak. Apply it before bed and cleanse in the morning xx

Quiniderm is great stuff & cheap, twice a day & def no picking or they take longer to heal x

Dermalogica ultra calming mask! If you lived closed I have loads of samples you could have lol
People are recommending products to 'dry it out' but then as you are going out you will want to put make up over it so as well as it been red and raised it will also be flakey!! If you put the ultra calming mask on you can actually sleep in it and it will really take the redness and inflammation away!

Exactly! How can I advise someone on getting rid of spots when I have a crater face!!
Thank you for the thought, I will try get a few different mask samples from everywhere I think!
Doubt ill be out tomorrow because of this stupid/pretty snow anyway and I'm actually happy! Getting down about my face now. Had to put a full face of makeup on to play in the snow :( xx

Just hunted out my basic salon services face mask and its already taken redness down! Few times with that today fingers crossed they go x

Just hunted out my basic salon services face mask and its already taken redness down! Few times with that today fingers crossed they go x

Good luck Hun :)

Xox

Quinoderm and aqueous cream as a cleanser - great for mirena related spots - that's from personal & professional experience.

It won't help to get rid of spots for tonight, but in future remember that CACI does a light therapy treatment - I can vouch for it myself - it's great!! Using red light means that new collagen production is stimulated, and blue light calms and has anti-bacterial properties, meaning it's killing those spot producing nasties before it's had a chance to manifest! I offer this as a stand alone treatment and it has been really popular, especially if you have a big night coming up - sorts those spots out really quickly! I do it on myself if I can feel something brewing.. and it nips it in the bud! x

Enjoy your evening x

I had a coil fitted around 6 months ago and now I'm starting to think maybe its connected! It was the one with hormones in so possibly that!!
Well that's coming straight out lol!
That's exactly what I had .... But just copper coil. Hade it removed and they put me on pill's that's were supposed to help spots and it made them worse 😔 I'm using cream called duac at the moment but still not helping, the nurse is on about sending me to a dermatologist... The scaring is really bad. X

My spots are still really bad I'm considering not going out tonight. I don't think any amount of concealer is going to help me :( x

Oh no, this is never good to hear. But don't worry about it!
I know exactly how you feel....but sometimes these things appear a million times worse to yourself than how they look to other people, especially when we inspect ourselves close up in the mirror.

Trying too many solutions all at once can also make your skin worse, and could cause you to break out more. Sometimes it's good just to let our skin breath and not mess about with it too much. I know that is much easier said than done though.

Similar to what Sarah says....I have used this red/blue light therapy system at home called the Lumie Clear (you can buy it from Boots and other places. I bought mine for £105). Although it's an expensive outgoing straight off, it is well worth it! It saved my skin! You do need patience and perseverance with it....I used it on each side of my face every single night for 30mins, and within 3 months my skin was clear.

Years ago my GP also referred me to a dermatology clinic, which I would also recommend acne sufferers to do. I go every few months for light laser and dermaroller for my scars. When I was younger my skin was very bad and I was put on the medication Roaccutan.... although I would not go on them a second time, I would recommend them to others (once you fully understand the side-effects).

Also these things can be internal. Evaluate your diet, stress/hormone levels, product ingredients/allergies, sleep and make sure you're drinking lots of water.

Sorry for the long post....this subject is one I am well versed in :)

Let me know if I can offer any advice. xxx

Oh no, this is never good to hear. But don't worry about it!
I know exactly how you feel....but sometimes these things appear a million times worse to yourself than how they look to other people, especially when we inspect ourselves close up in the mirror.

Trying too many solutions all at once can also make your skin worse, and could cause you to break out more. Sometimes it's good just to let our skin breath and not mess about with it too much. I know that is much easier said than done though.

Similar to what Sarah says....I have used this red/blue light therapy system at home called the Lumie Clear (you can buy it from Boots and other places. I bought mine for £105). Although it's an expensive outgoing straight off, it is well worth it! It saved my skin! You do need patience and perseverance with it....I used it on each side of my face every single night for 30mins, and within 3 months my skin was clear.

Years ago my GP also referred me to a dermatology clinic, which I would also recommend acne sufferers to do. I go every few months for light laser and dermaroller for my scars. When I was younger my skin was very bad and I was put on the medication Roaccutan.... although I would not go on them a second time, I would recommend them to others (once you fully understand the side-effects).

Also these things can be internal. Evaluate your diet, stress/hormone levels, product ingredients/allergies, sleep and make sure you're drinking lots of water.

Sorry for the long post....this subject is one I am well versed in :)

Let me know if I can offer any advice. xxx

Thank you for your information :) It's subsided a bit now but I'm worried its scarring as the red marks are still visible :( They were very bad even my mum agreed, I'm hoping I just had a crazy crazy attack and it doesn't happen again!

What is your daily skin care routine with what products if you don't me asking?? My skins either dry or greasy no in between!xx

Hi Kirstie, how have you been getting on? Good I hope.

I have tried to keep my skin care routine as simple as possible.
I wear natural mineral make-up during the day (it makes my skin feel lovely...minerals are nice and light, and let your pores breathe)
...of an evening I then cleanse my face using gentle skin cleanser Cetaphil with cotton wool (as a sort of exfoliant I suppose)...I then moisturise with a brand called Skinfood.

In the morning I actually just splash my face a few times with luke-warm water and then again with a bit of cold (to seal the pores...as you don't want your moisturiser getting clogged in them).
I believe maintaining your natural oils is very important. Synthetic high-street products strip your skin of their natural oils, causing your sebum glands to react with over-production, which leads to spots and inflamed skin.

About once a week I do massage my skin in a warm shower also using a small amount of Jojoba oil. Using very gentle circular motions I 'exfoliate' with a clean warm/wet flannel. It cleanses wonderfully, and moisturises at the same time.

Everyone is very different though, and what works for one person might not mean it will work for another.

I once thoroughly researched 'The Oil Cleansing Method' to help rejuvenate my complexion, heal scars etc. and after reading amazing reviews I tried it.... But unfortunately it was the worst thing I ever did. Definitely not worth the risk. Oil is known to fight oil, and this method uses castor oil which I believe was the ingredient that didn't agree with me....although my sister's skin turned out fine after the experiment. Always do your research with any new cleanser or moisturiser, and I would recommend patch-testing in a small area first.

Would be lovely to hear how you've been getting on.

xxx

Latest posts

Back