Skin came off a client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose1994

Reaction score
I have this client who returned to the salon to let me know her skin was sore (like it came off!) I did not notice this durning waxing I applied correct pre and post wax care and my wax was not hot at all I have waxed this client multiple times and never had this issue so I am really confused

She is Also on no skin thinning medication

HELP

Did you change the type of wax you are using? What are did it happen on?

Did you change the type of wax you are using? What are did it happen on?

Hey it happened on the top lip area (the only area I wax on this particular client)

I used calming strip wax on her

It could be that your wax was too cold, that you pulled the strip off incorrectly, sometimes if the client has a high water content in her skin ie just out of a bath or swimming pool it can happen ...

... and sometimes it can happen for no reason at all!

how bad is it ? is there a scab ?

She did mentioned her skin was dehydrated when she came back to the salon my wax was perfect temp and I pulled the strip off just like I always do maybe it's just one of these things that happen
Thanks xx

And no scab as I know

is it possible she sat in the sun?

Yes very possible the waxing appointment way after we had a few days of hot sunny weather x

She most probably had a shower or bath to soon before the treatment, or been in a hot place and made the skin to sensitive it's nothing you have to done in my opinion xx

sun exposure within 24 hours could be the culprit ;)

I had this happen to me with a client, she has very pale skin, red hair. She had just come from the gym and cycled to her appointment, she was extremely flushed, i should have known better to be honest but the lip area seemed normal although a little flushed in the cheeks, anyway this particular client does go rather red anyway but i notice immediately how red her skin came up so i used aloe vera gel to calm it down and explained not to be have any hot showers and take it easy on the bike ride home and not to get to hot! She still came back as shes a regular client and did say, after i asked, her skin had been sore that last time and we both agree'd we would not be waxing her again when shes very hot or been sweating heavily in the gym or at least not until she had cooled down properly. So it happens, don't beat your self up over it, im sure everything you did was fine it'll most likely be shes been in the sun or got to hot afterwards or perhaps like my experience, before her appointment!

Thanks I was so worried and concerned as to why it happened thanks xx

Is she using retinol? That is always a sure thing..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using SalonGeek mobile app

Is she using retinol? That is always a sure thing..

Nope she is not using any medication at all

X

Nope she is not using any medication at all

X

Have you asked what her skincare cream contains? Any time I've heard of this happening the client didn't consider retinol, or glycolics in their creams. :)

Latest posts

Back