skin condition and make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audred

Reaction score
hi there, my daughter who is 19 has had problems with her skin for some time. she has combination sensitive skin and is having trouble finding right foundation, everytime she applies foundation to her nose, which is very oily, it just does not sit properly and appears like it is dry and flaky but yet her nose is oily, this is driving her mad, was with dermatologist who suggested that she just try different products until she finds one that suits but she does not know where to go - any help would be much appreciated thanks:hug:

Hi there

does she use a primar? I suggest she uses one, in just the areas which are oily

Also, has she tried any mineral foundations?

Hi there,

I would suggest again using a good mattifying primer to help propair the skin for a good base. MAC do a great product called prep+prime skin refined zone, which helps soak up the oily but won't dry it out. Then maybe go for a mineral foundation which will be great for oily skin without drying it out, the only one i'v used are again MAC mineralized which i love, but i have heard great things about bare minerals, maybe she could get a make-up artist there to trial the products on her before she buys?

hth! :hug:

hello

we have just started stocking lily lolo they are mineral makeup with nothing harmfull in them, you can get sample pots of the colour but if she is oily she will need flawless matt first the ffoundation, i would aslo say yyou would need there brush as it gives a great finish. they are no very expensive and are anti bacterial so will help to stop her spots. give them a try they are fab

vicky

Hi Inika Australian mineral makeup is fantastic. Its 100% organic and vegan and has a primer to prepare the skin. Try it out.:)

QVC shopping channel do Bare Minerals in kits with try me type sizes in, and the great thing is, you can send it back within a month if you don't get on with it, just pay postage. I tried it and absolutely love it! Wouldn't go back to liquid if you paid me! When the small sizes run out I'm going straight round the local beauty salon to buy the full size!

Latest posts

Back