skin test please help me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaza92

Reaction score
im in college training to be a hairdresser and today we started colouring. we all had a skin test behind our ear and this was about 9:45 this morning, now my one ear (the one which had the skin test behind it) has gone all red, swollen, skin peeling from it and quite sore when i touch it. could this be a reaction from the skin test or something else?
please help me!!
thanks in advance

If you haven't had issues with that ear before, then I'd strongly suspect that it was a reaction to the skin test. One of the most likely culprits would be the phenylenediamines in many permanent hair dyes; these are known skin sensitizers and well known for causing allergic reactions.

yes sounds like u have, u should always use a black to test for sensitivity as they hold the most paradyes and this is what ur allergic to.

u have noted all the classic signs, wash it off immediately, and do not have any colour put on ur scalp from now on, although u may have off the scalp treatments like, cap or foils.

u shouldnt need any medical attention unless it gets any worse or ur breathing is comprimised, but u could try an anti-histemine rub, if ur worried check with ur gp.

hth's!

yes sounds like u have, u should always use a black to test for sensitivity as they hold the most paradyes and this is what ur allergic to.

u have noted all the classic signs, wash it off immediately, and do not have any colour put on ur scalp from now on, although u may have off the scalp treatments like, cap or foils.

u shouldnt need any medical attention unless it gets any worse or ur breathing is comprimised, but u could try an anti-histemine rub, if ur worried check with ur gp.

hth's!

Aye, black hair dye contains the highest proportion of para-phenylenediamine (PPD); this is the same chemical that some unscrupulous people pass off as "black henna" when doing temporary tattoos, which has also caused some severe skin reactions...

Latest posts

Back