Skincare brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 fold over Dermalogica - really?! Dermalogica is a professional product please don't give false advice to other therapists because you want to earn extra commission...
Get off your high horse! I am not giving false advice to other therapists! I am simply stating facts as I find them in my business! I stock Dermalogica too and use them in my treatments.

Get off your high horse! I am not giving false advice to other therapists! I am simply stating facts as I find them in my business! I stock Dermalogica too and use them in my treatments.

No I'm not on "my high horse" - why an earth would you recommend a non pro product to another professional wanting to stock a professional range?! Fair enough if the op had asked for a MLM range but they haven't. If you want to push your MLM range onto consumers then go ahead but don't do it on a professional forum where professional advice is wanted. So if you think I'm on my high horse because I give professional advice then so be it, I'm not the one hoping for commission or to expand a "team".

Hi Salon Geeks
Could really do with your advice on salon skincare brands, currently we stock Dermalogica and have for 10 years, we would love to introduce another brand something that offers that luxury and zest, however we are restricted from Decleor and Aromatherapy Associates due to near by salons stocking these brands. any suggestions we would be so grateful.

Hello,

Have you looked at Katherine Daniels Cosmetics?

Worth a look as its a great brand!

Kristie x

Dermalogica do not label themselves as a "pro only" brand they label as a professional skincare brand and that is what they are. As for your comments about retailing online & in dept stores these are the retail products not the professional only products - I've no idea when you last used Dermalogica but the professional side has grown immensely with very powerful treatments the ARE pro only.
Dermalogica are marketed so well this is why it's in such huge demand with therapists & consumers alike that walk into my skin clinic just to purchase and then end up a client having the pro skin treatments. There are therapists like yourself that as you say are the "original" tribe - I also remember Dermalogica nearly 20 years ago too and yes the company has grown globally to epic proportions and this has created global recognition of Dermalogica itself - the only thing wrong with this is that some of the "original" tribe are annoyed about this and wanted it to remain in salon exclusive only or left the brand, fair enough.
As I say I don't just use Dermalogica I also stock other brands that are what you'd call "salon pro only" it doesn't make the products any better than Dermalogica.

Anyway I dont want to get into a "my dogs blacker than your dog" match over skincare products I was helping out the op with unbiased information and that one of the products mentioned is infact a MLM company.

Yes I am one of the "original" tribe, this is the tribe that built the brand - without it Dermalogica would not have reached the heights that it had but now it doesn't matter, all the loyalty shown means nothing. You can defend it all you want but it is simply not a professional brand.

Is there really much of a difference in an MLM brand and a brand that sells their products from a vending machine?? "Coming to a supermarket near you soon"

http://www.theluxuryspot.com/airport-kiosks-skin-obsessed/

Yes I am one of the "original" tribe, this is the tribe that built the brand - without it Dermalogica would not have reached the heights that it had but now it doesn't matter, all the loyalty shown means nothing. You can defend it all you want but it is simply not a professional brand.

Is there really much of a difference in an MLM brand and a brand that sells their products from a vending machine?? "Coming to a supermarket near you soon"

http://www.theluxuryspot.com/airport-kiosks-skin-obsessed/
Ok Sandiiiiiii whatever you say your right I'm so wrong

Yes there is a difference. I'm not talking specific brands here, but to supply a pro brand there are a few requirements. I have to prove that I'm qualified. I have to do their training. There's usually a substantial opening order. There's a significant mark up on products and there are pro only products that I'm trained to use in facials, often involving making a careful analysis of a clients skin.

Or mlm. A maximum £200 opening order. Anyone can buy it. No specific training because the efficacy of the products will be nowhere nearly as effective as salon only pro products and association with a non pro brand. There are no specific professional products to use during facials as doing a facial isn't a requirement of the brand and finally a very poor mark up.

Use whatever you want but please don't tell me that mlm and pro products are the same x

I really don't think you can compare.

Yes there is a difference. I'm not talking specific brands here, but to supply a pro brand there are a few requirements. I have to prove that I'm qualified. I have to do their training. There's usually a substantial opening order. There's a significant mark up on products and there are pro only products that I'm trained to use in facials, often involving making a careful analysis of a clients skin.

Or mlm. A maximum £200 opening order. Anyone can buy it. No specific training because the efficacy of the products will be nowhere nearly as effective as salon only pro products and association with a non pro brand. There are no specific professional products to use during facials as doing a facial isn't a requirement of the brand and finally a very poor mark up.

Use whatever you want but please don't tell me that mlm and pro products are the same x

I really don't think you can compare.

Sorry I'm confused, I never said they were the same. I just said that calling Dermalogica a professional brand is a bit rich considering their market approach.

Just curious but what do you think of the professional brand Dermalogica being sold in a vending machine?

Ok Sandiiiiiii whatever you say your right I'm so wrong

Hi beautyxperts, that's not my perogative. What are your honest thoughts on the brand being sold out of vending machines though? S x

Hi beautyxperts, that's not my perogative. What are your honest thoughts on the brand being sold out of vending machines though? S x

It doesn't bother me from a business perspective - it's not as if there's an airport in every town...There are more salon stockists.

I think it's a poor choice of direction, but I think the company have made many poor choices. I still consider them a pro brand though, for all the reasons given above.

You don't stop being a pro brand because you're readily available to buy.

Vic x

I've had professional ranges and the MLMs (3 different brands). Both types have their fans, both can be used to good effects in the salon, the main selling point for the professional ranges is their requirement and their training. With MLMs, as long as you can sell, you're onboard. Training is either non-existent or v superficial. The last MLM seller I had knew nothing about skin, but she didn't need to. She was a salesperson and a networker. The pro brands require us to have pro qualifications and know about skin. Personally I wouldn't pay for a treatment where the therapist used exactly the same products that I could buy off the shelf and nothing more. But then some clients are happy to pay for the service no matter what the product.

hi hils22 i think i may have found your answer im an ex dermalogica stockist so know all about their terms and conditions i will pm you with some exciting things

You are allowed to tell us about this amazing range @exquisitebeauty. As long as you make it clear you have an interest in the company you are recommending. You don't have to take it to private message. Unless there's a reason you don't want to share x

i wasnt sure as didnt want to break the rules of the forum so thought it was best to pm. ive just become a distributor of nucerity and before you sceptics think oh what a load of tosh their isnt any training. I was the same till i read the science of the products and looked at some of the testimonals of the general public who started using it. Their is online training currently with vue to have a university in this country cos its only just reached the uk they only have so much revenue to expand. ive been a stockist of dermalogica since 2006 and back then was promised all sorts from them. By 2008 they change the tune and started selling everywhere and constantly bringing out more an more products and price constantly increased each year i was with them. I appreciate inflation but not constantly and them going back on their word. I also find their ethos of only helping people who reach their high targets get to keep their rep and be on store locator. so i tried for the first time product skincerity under the nucerity company name and after one night i have no flaky skin as im dehyrated, pores on my nose and around it have shrunk and my skin has felt plump and hydrated. I cannot wait to use it on my eczema as this week its started to flare up on my hands. If anyone would like more info please feel free to message me

Attachments

• 11025962_10153183804832496_1692510831217910696_n.jpg
    11025962_10153183804832496_1692510831217910696_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 11224570_10153170359457496_6897839066889743397_n.jpg
    11224570_10153170359457496_6897839066889743397_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 12002086_10153174339647496_8413744379932895523_n.jpg
    12002086_10153174339647496_8413744379932895523_n.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back