Skincare range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfprincessem

Reaction score
hi everyone, need a bit of advice, i don't know if its the weather or what but i have suddenly started with a facial breakout (well it could be better). As i am only a nail tek i dont know all that much about skincare ranges and need a little help- thats where you guys come in. Could anyone recommend a good range for oily skin, and prices would be great if you know them xxx

Its really strange you should say that cos over the past few weeks ive developed oily skin, with tiny little spots that you cant see but can feel, Its really upset me cos I inherited really good skin from my parents and Ive never had spots or anything growing up. Ive been using an exfoliator but its not making a difference. I'll be watching this thread with interest x x

Well I swear by Nimue as you all know, mid price range, but it does what it says on the tin, my clients rave about it, their skin has never looked so good. www.nimueskin.co.uk

Australian Body Care gets a good name for breakouts I haven't tried it myself.

I use Elemis and I have an oily Tzone and my skin looks quite good just now.

Dermalogica daily microfolient gets rave reviews from my college I am not convinced though.

For really serious skin care advice www.essentialdayspa.com/forum.

hth

Oh thank god its not just me... I thought I had leprosy or bird flu or some other horror (not MUCH of a worrier me lol) My skins gone to pot lately. Really dry and sore and quite spotty. And my hairs dreadful. is it the weather? what can i do apart from aloe vera gel to calm it down which is helping but not curing.

I work for Clinique & really like the products (ie not just sell the stuff to earn some money!) It's not something you'd use in a salon but personally I recommend it. It made a difference in my skin.

elfprincessem, I'll pm you with details of it x

Forgot to add that there's an event on at the moment where all Clinique counters should have samples of the 3 step skin care system for anyone who wants to give it a go.

i love cliniques gentle comforting cream cleanser. it makes skin feel soooooooooo smooth

Everything make up and toiletry wise is clinique in my house. And I still look like a egyptian mummy....

Bunny said:
Forgot to add that there's an event on at the moment where all Clinique counters should have samples of the 3 step skin care system for anyone who wants to give it a go.

This is what I'm using at the moment. I seriously think I have a hermonal imbalance and I'm just breaking out in spots which leave really dark marks on my skin!

Sassy Hassy said:
Well I swear by Nimue as you all know, mid price range, but it does what it says on the tin, my clients rave about it, their skin has never looked so good. www.nimueskin.co.uk

This range looks really good. How do I place an order Sass?

i used to get bad spots - under the skin tho just little ones, could hardly see em but could feel em - i went over to america and saw an info-mercial for some exfoliating cleanser, toner & a cream by guthy reker (sp?) absolutely brilliant - works a treat i always use it now. everyone comments now on how great my skin is, its super smooth!! quite expensive though £35 for 2 months supply then u av to pay a customs charge on it too.

I use the Liz Earle range and its fantastic. They do a hot cloth cleanser, toner and different moisturisers for your skin type. They do loads of other stuff as well and the beauty of it is its all made from natural products. Their web site is http://www.lizearle.com/index_2.php?dl=1

I was a Clinique user for over 15 yrs up until i took my Esthetician course. The alcohol in the toner is very high. When you put this on your face, it dries up all the surface oil, your oil glands "think" that they need to produce more oil and that can lead to breakouts and dry patches. This doesnt happen to everyone (esp you younger ladies) but i noticed all of this transpire w/me as ive gotten older. I dont mean to bash clinique, i still use many of their cosmetics...just giving my experience and point of view. I started using Pevonia, which is expensive BUT the mattifiying oily skin creme is the best! Im dabbling in bio-elements right now......they have great line and its not nearly as expensive as Pevonia. Just my 2 cents! :)

chrisbow said:
I use the Liz Earle range and its fantastic. They do a hot cloth cleanser, toner and different moisturisers for your skin type. They do loads of other stuff as well and the beauty of it is its all made from natural products. Their web site is http://www.lizearle.com/index_2.php?dl=1

me too!
every so often i deviate and try something new but always come back to liz earle as it suits my skin the best

I like Liz Earle too, and it's a good price!

just to let you all know the low down on what i decided on- went for an elemis facial and fell head-over-heels in love- aw! I bought the complete set for oily/ combination skin and its working a dream, thought id let you know incase anyone was thinking of buying a new skincare range x

Latest posts

Back