Sleep or lack of it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think u should do some excerise.
I go to the gym about 3 times a week, i do pilates, body balance, zumba, run on the machine and swim.

I've bought some natural sleeping tablets today which contain valerian and hops.

Last night I had a horrendous sleep but I'm undergoing a bout of IBS since last Thursday, I spent last night rolling around in pain.

Oh your poor thing....being awake while someone is blissfully sleeping is the worst thing

A glass of wine and 2 piriton used to knock me out when I was on nights...

I go to the gym about 3 times a week, i do pilates, body balance, zumba, run on the machine and swim.

I've bought some natural sleeping tablets today which contain valerian and hops.

Last night I had a horrendous sleep but I'm undergoing a bout of IBS since last Thursday, I spent last night rolling around in pain.

Let us know how the tablets work, and I hope your IBS calms down and your not in pain tonight. :hug:

Annie xx

Well I don't know if was psychological or not but I took 2, and I did have a better sleep, I still woke up and fidgetted a bit but not half as bad as most nights.

My stomach is still not good, I am on IBS meds at moment and trying not to eat much as thats when it is at its worst. I also know WHAT I am intolerant to so its a matter of cutting down on those food items.

but I quite like the idea of a large glass of wine, oh go on then, you've talked me into it for tonight!

I have TOTAL sympathy with you all. I am the same since having my daughter (7 years ago) I don't sleep well.

I did a sleep diary and found that most of my disturbances were caused by Hubby (snoring and talking in his sleep) and that if I woke up I couldn't go back to sleep.

So the majority of the time we go to sleep in separate rooms....works quite well as I am very moody when tired, I also use Nytol (over the counter ones) they contain 50mg Diphenhydramine hydrochloride which is an antihistamine...they seem to do the trick but I try not to take them very often, so that when I do have to share a room they knock me out.

Insomnia is appauling...there's a reason they use it as a method of torture!!!

Sweet dreams you guys!!!!

Sarah x

Poor you. It's a bugger isn't it. Laying awake in the middle of the night is horrible and you feel like the only person in the world.

I have only 3 suggestions, which are my favourites:

1) Read till the eyelids become heavy (I was given a little torch light which clips on the top of a book so you can read without having to put the light on (a major offence in our house in the middle of the night lol) or

2) Get up and do things which will help you out the next day, sorting the washing, ironing, unstacking dishwasher etc I'm sure u can think of plenty lol, all so boring you'll soon be crawling back upstairs.

3) Take your pillow and dressing gown (and book if u like) lay on sofa and watch TV. You might nod off and if not at least rest is the next best thing.

You could come on this forum and chat to people from USA/Oz maybe but this may have the reverse effect lol!

Latest posts

Back