Slight lifting at cuticle area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
I need some help from all of you seasoned nail techs! :) I have a client who I did on Saturday, she called me today and said her nails were "peeling" up a little. So, she came in and I looked at them. They had started to lift just by the cuticle area. I fixed them for her...but I have seen this on a few of my ladies. Shortly after I do them, they may lift slightly. I use Young Nails and use their protein bond. I also scrub fresh (or swipe) REALLY well and totally dry the nail out. I even scrub fresh all ten nails twice. Any ideas on why I am having some lifting?? I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe I am too cluse to the cuticle?? ANY help would be awesome.

It could be a number of things, do you perform a wet or dry prep? (sorry I don't use Young Nails) Do you use a cuticle remover?. Run through your prep for us to see if anything stands out.

It could be a number of things, do you perform a wet or dry prep? (sorry I don't use Young Nails) Do you use a cuticle remover?. Run through your prep for us to see if anything stands out.

Here is my prep: I have clients wash their hands, I then push back cuticles, remove shine from nail, scrub fresh, apply tips, blend tips, scrub fresh natural nail again, 2 coats of protein bond, apply product!

Here is my prep: I have clients wash their hands, I then push back cuticles, remove shine from nail, scrub fresh, apply tips, blend tips, scrub fresh natural nail again, 2 coats of protein bond, apply product!

When you push back the cuticles are you also totally removing all none living tissue from the nail plate? anything left behind would cause lifting.

Hi, just a thought here, you use Young Nails, why are you using cnd scrub fresh? This maybe the mixing of products that is causing the breakdown or the acrylic/ lifting etc.

Or you could be putting the acrylic too close to the cuticle area, or why are you putting on 2 coats of bonder?

i'm not sure, as i don't use Young Nails.

Hope I have helped just a bit. Good luck.

Trudy
Australia

I have never heard that scrubfresh causes servicebreakdown, as you don't mix it in with the polymer or monomer, it's leaving nothing behind on the nail that anything can't adhere to.
I think that the problem could be not removing the nonliving tissue well enough as mentioned, so read the tutorial about perfect preparation to compare your own prep to, and then se if this differs...
HTH

I have never heard that scrubfresh causes servicebreakdown, as you don't mix it in with the polymer or monomer, it's leaving nothing behind on the nail that anything can't adhere to.
I think that the problem could be not removing the nonliving tissue well enough as mentioned, so read the tutorial about perfect preparation to compare your own prep to, and then se if this differs...
HTH

Hi

I totally agree here it sounds like you are not removing all the Nonliving tissue well enout from the nail plate as already mentiond.

The fact that you use the protine bond twice also suggest something wrong in the prep....

I would advise to use the protine bond twice if your client has a oliy nail plate only or if she currently has lifting poblems.

The other reason's you could have lifting honey it if you are using your product either to wet or to dry.

Should you have any other porbs please pm me and I will help were I can

Hope this info helps

Latest posts

Back