'Small' beauty room to rent -will it fit??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza Doolittle

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I have just made enquiries into a new pharmacy that has opened near me and she has a room available that she was keen to rent out to someone e.g Beauty Therapist, chiropodist.

I am very excited and going to see it tomorrow, the only thing is - she said the room is 8ft x 8ft.

Is this too small?? Im keen to hear from anyone who has a 'small' room and to see how you manage.

Thanks again x

Hi ED :)

My room I use sounds about the same dimensions as yours and I do ok. I only do Spray tanning (in a tent) and waxing and have set up my couch along one wall. The back door is smack bang in the middle of the back wall and opens inwards, but am going to get a new one that opens outwards. I just put my tent up when I need it, it fits ok in the room if I take my wax trolley out and put it in the hall (I won't have to do this though once the tumble dryer is removed :rolleyes:), then just wipe it out and pop it back down again once I'm done. I have a shelving unit for my towels, candles, bits n bobs, which stands along one wall and is out of the way and I don't have to collapse and put up my couch (which I thought I was going to have to do) and that is a blessing as it's so darn heavy!

Go and have a look hun, try to visualise where you would be able to put things and if they're portable, all the better. It can work if you're organised :green:

Good luck and let us know how you get on and what you think :)

xx

MMMM, take your measuring stick and camera and measure your couch first to make sure you can walk around quite comfortably along with think about were u would put your other bits and bobs. I no when i first went into my room i rented it looked massive till i started adding my things. Good luck with your decission hunxxxx

My room at home is 230mm by 270mm and although its just about big enough to work comfortably in I have to take everything I'm not using out of the room, as I can only fit a small corner cupboard in there.

This works fine at home with 4 big boxes etc in the next room, but would you have somewhere to put your stuff when your not using it?

mines about the same, the only thing that i find with mine is that it doesn't have a window so sometimes feels a bit claustrophobic

Thanks everyone for your comments. I went to see the room today, but not quite convinced it will be ok. Although I do think the area is a good location.

The room is straight off the shop floor and I think it could be quite noisy at times, especially when the front door is open as it is on a main road. I dont know if it would feel 'private' enough.

The Pharmacist was very accomodating, however, and was offerring some of her own cupboards to me for storage.

MMmmmm not sure what to do.

Where bouts in Scotland are you?

Latest posts

Back