Snails | Polish Formulated Especially For Little Fingers and Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
I have to be honest. I've never really considered nail polish dangerous but I suppose, the more I think about it the more I realise that, like everything else, there is a correct, safe and healthy way to use it. But, we are adults and we know what we're doing right? (note to geeks: not all adults DO know how to use it safely...see STRANGE ADDICTION

However, while we're not all necking the nail varnish, there are some people that are perhaps (slightly) more at risk with regular nail polish: kids and expectant mums. Snails is a company that has recognised this and created polishes that are hypoallergenic, water-based and solvent free. The polishes are forumlated from three ingredients: water, acrylic polymer and non-toxic colourants. What's more, you don't need to put your little ones' fingers anywhere near chemical removers because Snails polishes are removed with soap and water without drying or damaging the nail bed. (I'm starting to imagine kids refusing to wash their hands!?)

The collection includes a range of 12 colours and purportedly gives a high gloss, salon quality finish, with a light natural fragrance. There is an optional top coat called 'Breathe Easy' which uses oxygen technology which claims to respect the natural physiology of the nail and adds protection against UV light.

Snails has also launched a range for health and environment conscious women and which are safe for mums-to-be. Available in a range of three colours entitled Meditation, Relaxation and Yoga Nidra, the range provides a completely non-toxic manicure and pedicure.

Snails is worth it just to be able to let the kids play on their own with nail polish knowing that if they get it on their skin, the carpet, your favourite dress, it's easily removable. I suppose as well, if they do drink it (good lord!) it'll probably not do them that much damage!

For more information check out the Snails website HERE.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• MAN-6624_Little_Toes_S_Shape.jpg
    MAN-6624_Little_Toes_S_Shape.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,176
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Words fail me!

She drinks nail polish!?! Is she freaking crazy!? I can not for the life of me see how that is nice! An the polish remover to remove it from her lips an teeth eeewww! Just putting my finger in my mouth after removing polish makes me gag!
Shocked to day the least!

But back on to the snails topic, I can see the benefits but if you pay someone to do your nails that could so easily come off when u wash your hands you wouldn't want to wash them, that could lead to hygiene issues that could potentially be worse?
I interesting idea though.
Xxx

Bertha's a nutter.

I could only watch the first 3 minutes, the girl's a nut job! :lick:

Seriously?!!!

Bleugh <insert puke smilie here>

Btw, I'm sure I saw a Snails stand at ExCel on Monday ... I remember seeing those little ribbons around the bottles.

Defo not playing with a full deck of cards that one! Wowzers!!

She has problems that go waaaaay deeper than just drinking the nail polish. Poor thing. Hope she gets help.

We have an expression in Yorkshire.... Not sure I can repeat it.

Bleugh <insert puke smilie here>

Btw, I'm sure I saw a Snails stand at ExCel on Monday ... I remember seeing those little ribbons around the bottles.
Yeah I saw it too. I was casually looking around when I noticed a man in a giant snail costume. Scared the life out of me!

Im quite happy with a nice cup of tea thank you.
Seriously though it can't taste nice yuck
Vicki xx

Omg I feel physically sick after watching that video! X

I had to check the date that iit wasn't an April fools joke before I could take it seriously ..... some people amaze me!!!!

As for the snails sounds good for kiddies to play with better than using up all the Mother's polishes!!

Ergh that video again! So so gross... however I found Snails polish via twitter just the other day and think its a fantastic idea.

The need for products to be free from chemicals and parabens etc is fast growing as the public becomes more savvy about the subject, and kids are our first priority when it comes to safety. These will be fab for any nail tech or therapist offering childrens princess and pamper parties etc :)

Latest posts

Back