Snapping hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woo87

Reaction score
Hi geeks just popped over from nail forum. Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday!

I have a question over the last couple of weeks to the right of my crown has been feeling quite thin of hair and then when I was having my hair blow dried yesterday she meantioned I have a lot of snapped hair in that area. I'm really concerned as to why and what I'm doing for it to be breaking there and I'm concerned I have actually lost hair there to!

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this??

Tasha x

A million and one things.
Most common are:
Flat irons
Curling tongs, wands, wavers etc...
Over blowdrying
Tension stress (having it tied up, elastics, extensions too high, clips, clip in extensions, too rough with brushes)
Back combing
Over colouring
Bleaching
Stress
General health

Xoxo

Hmm thank you lots to think about then. If my hairs down I tend to straighten the ends and avoid higher up near the roots I do back comb the roots don't think I go near that area though! Ahhh it's concerning me if I wear it up I twist it into a bun and pin it wonder if that's why? Will have to watch what I do as see if can figure it out!
Thank you

Hi Tasha,

How processed is your hair, this was happening to my hair a few years back but I'm very blonde, it was the side of my head that I slept on. The friction of my head turning on the pillow was breaking it. I now sleep on a satin pillow, treat my hair and its perfect concidering I have a full head of bleach and its passed my shoulders.

Get yourself, Tigi Sugar Dust.... Gives you instant volume, without the damage. Also you'll need Elasticate shampoo and conditioner to strengthen and provide you with an anti snap formula x

I know how you feel , i have been losing my hair i think i may have telogen effluvium got gp on thursday !
I have used nioxin so i have a healthy scalp ( just to clarify it doesnt make you hair grow and it doesnt make it thicker like some think )
My hair isnt in bad condition been using tigi products , i have stopped colouring it , straightening it blowdrying it and it still comes out , sorry to go on but if you are that concerned go to your doctor !
im sure you will be fine and it can be embarrassing who wants to lose their hair ?
dont mean to go on this is the first time i have spoken about this as it isnt really nice subject but best of luck sweet xxxxxxxx

Get yourself, Tigi Sugar Dust.... Gives you instant volume, without the damage. Also you'll need Elasticate shampoo and conditioner to strengthen and provide you with an anti snap formula x

In love with it now blue? How's the retail on it for you now? Xoxo

Latest posts

Back