Snow & appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to add to this thread, as some out there are saying you should go driving about no matter what....

I am one who always tries, always have done and always will do, (driving a BMW if I can get there, anyone can) but as I live up hill sometimes have to draw the line and move people, when I was mobile, anyway, re-informing my point earlier, that its a judgement call on yours and your customers behalf, as you can't penalise them for not wanting to risk smashing their cars,

so this weekend I had a lady who for different reasons we had cancelled and moved 3 times, and she messaged saying I'm guessing with the bad weather we're rescheduling again? I replied saying that the road by me were fine so I was still planning on trying given all the cancellations etc, and asking how the roads where by here, she said fine, people are still moving about (she doesn't drive), so set off and travelled over, she lives far into a set of toy town sized roads that no one seems to work when it snows and no grifters go, so it was sheer ice, once in here estate I was stuck, went round a tight corner at 5-10 mph .... Sheer ice under the car meant I did not actually go around the corner but in-fact up the kerb and into the wall, only touched the wall so the bumper needs buffing and will be fine, the car itself however is not fine.... The steering wheel was quarter turn to the right when driving in a straight line, had it aligned, still not straight, had a 4 wheel alignment, still not right, maybe something's bent, lift it up and have it checked, all looks ok, so 2 garages are baffled, take a deep breath and phone BMW to ask how much they will charge to look at it and see what needs doing, how much and if an insurance job, they advise they think its still the alignment and is £295 but will do it for me for just £250 ...... No guarantee that will work!

Sooooo my advise is, if its worth it go if not ask to re-arrange, don't be scared to drive on the snow, but if your ladies live in remote areas, that seems to stop with the snow they will understand you not wanting to drive around there!

Latest posts

Back