Snow & appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in work, 10.1 miles away, I live high up and my area is a nightmare, my car almost skidded down hill into the side of someone else's car..... Not fun, but rest is main roads so thought all will be ok.. No no, the roads round here are terrible! I'm in and my First Lady is, but the rest have cancelled for today, I was going to be open till 8 pm but getting home up hill with a rear wheel drive car will not be fun...

I wouldn't expect anyone to risk smashing their car to have their air done when we can rebook, I just prefer to be told rather than sit waiting for a no show !!

School is shut but thank god my eldest has a day off to watch my little girl, so that's sorted. I have a shopping trolley like an old lady's shopping trolley lol I can fit all of my stuff in. I have two appointments today all within walking distance. So off I go.:lol:xx

I work from home, lots of cancellations today, but i'm going to make the most of the spare time and get my colour pops out and play around designing them, after completing my Master Painter course Wednesday I feel inspired!

Thank you all for your advice 😃

I had a client booked in but she called and cancelled. Rather be safe than sorry!

Berkshire is getting thicker and thicker snow.

I'm going to spend time doing my colour pop, start getting my valentines offers ready.

It's funny all my waxing & facial clients today have rung and rearranged.... but all my Shellac clients have turned up or text me to say they will be coming!! makes me smile:lol:

Where are you ellebelle? It's laying a lot in dartford and starting here in Chatham we normally get loads :-(

I'm Maidstone just a dusting so far! Xx

i was here early ready for the day ahead, snow wasn't that bad then, but has got worse. had some ladies ring to cancel, which i understand. that's just the way it goes. its given me time though to send out promotions via text to my client base, order posters for valentines, mothers day and other promotional bits and bobs. so, really, been a productive day so far! now that's all done i can catch up with everything going on on here with a nice warm drink.
stay warm drive safe x

I contacted all the clients that had booked in and gave them the option to move their appointment before today. Most of them did, so i had a 15hr day wed and thurs, but didnt lose any money :)
Im mobile so i didnt want to take the risk with my car (especially as ive bought a new audi about 6mths ago!)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Managed today but coming from my last lady the wind had got up and it was getting very slippy underfoot.

Vicki x

Luckily for me salon is at home so I'm here anyway nad am not venturing out. I've texted all my clients and those booked for today are rebooked, and those booked for tomorrow are either going to try or rebook - see on the day. I like to be very flexible with my clients at times like this.

Didn't have any clients today. Good job as its horrific here. It's been blizzards on and off all day plus thunder and lightning...FREAKY!! x

I went in trudging down the road clinging to every car..... I'll go in even if there's blizzards lol
I rung each customer late this afternoon and offered them a couple of options:
1) keep there allocated time slot tomorrow but if weather is bad and they can't get in they will still have to pay our canc fee.
2) cancel there appt but ring in tomoz when they see if they could get in and take what times are left.
I have a strict 24hr policy so I thought I was being lenient ha ha

I went in trudging down the road clinging to every car..... I'll go in even if there's blizzards lol
1) keep there allocated time slot tomorrow but if weather is bad and they can't get in they will still have to pay our canc fee.
2) cancel there appt but ring in tomoz when they see if they could get in and take what times are left.

In all honesty id be miffed if someone did that to me, and probably coildnt go back! Im all for being strict with cancellation policy but sonethings have to be fairer, surely everyone canc3led giving you a day off?? Lol

We have had a major problem with our electrics and have had to **** the salon down till next week but are offering a mobile service instead and will put safety first if the girls can't drive safely they will abandon ship and go home but we will be reopen Tuesday even if its thick snow.

People will remember that you opened a lot of schools will be closed but people can get out and about so will still want appointments.

If you have a No child policy then scrap it if it snows badly in your area.

Put on Facebook your open and send texts out even if you don't get any business spend time in salon working on accounts or marketing.
Lots of people will be out with kids in snow and even if they don't come in they will notice your open and mention it and won't forget that you were one if the ones that didn't add to the country coming to a hault.

Good idea to put on facebook.. you''ve got me thinking now. Although I work from home and we have enough snow to cause travelling problems, I'm going to leaflet the nearby flats where there are lots of young people.

In all honesty id be miffed if someone did that to me, and probably coildnt go back! Im all for being strict with cancellation policy but sonethings have to be fairer, surely everyone canc3led giving you a day off?? Lol

Surprisingly only 1 cancelled most customers HATE hair so they want it gone ....In the 5 yrs I've implemented the 24hr canc policy I've lost approx 3 customers. I thought that was fair giving them the option to cancel as well, and advising them to so a fee wouldn't be charged then they could call tomorrow and see what was left. As the people who kept there appt are in walking distance to the salon.
By being strict I find it tells people we value what we do, if it's a long standing customer and a one off then we wouldn't.

I live in the middle of a field (although if my buyer hadn't pulled out before Xmas, last night would have been my first night in my new home in Spain!!!) and I got Mr Unas to take me in today. He's an excellent driver with a 4WD Audi and even he got shaky knees on the way home.

All of my clients got in and I got a lift home in a jeep as the snow had got so bad Mr Unas couldn't get up the hill. Walking was impossible as the salon washing machine broke yesterday and I had 40 towels home for washing ready for all 4 of us with full columns tomorrow. :)

Was VERY well tipped for my efforts today.

You cannot be serious!

You cannot be serious!

My thoughts exactly! You cant charge them for an act of god! I have contacted all my clients! My car isn't going anywhere so in walking into salon tomorrow! If my clients make it... Great but if they don't its one of those things and ill see them next week x

I'm mobile so the weather has been a nightmare, we've had snow since monday. I have had to cancel clients, not because of the roads but because of the traffic standstill it has caused. It has taken people hrs to do an 1hrs journey and many of the big roads were closed on certain days in the week.

I have done my best working the hours i can to make sure they all get their appointments and will be working late over the weekend when the roads should be quieter without the work traffic.

I have been very lucky that my lovely ladies have been happy to rebook and many telling me not to brave the weather as its not worth it. Lots of the schools have also been closed making it difficult for mummy clients too.

I will just do my best to work hard and get them all back in and sorted asap so it doesnt mess up their regular booking slots.

Here's hoping the snow moves on quickly!!

Latest posts

Back