Quantcast

So disheartened-Orly Gel FX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

flowerette

Reaction score
so i've recently purchased the orly gel fx starter kit (includes the primer, base, top, 3 colours, remover, cleanser etc) and i also brought some more colours, and i am LOVING the application, colours etc but no matter what i try it doesnt last for longer then one day without lifting/chipping or coming t!! so frustrating :(

each time i apply the layers THIN THIN THIN. i remove all the cuticle using the cuticle pusher, apply the cleanser primer and base, brush down the base, use two thin layers and then top
each layer i cure for 30 seconds w/ led and then top i cure for 60 seconds

and every single time it peels off and lifts! i've tried it friends/family and they find the same thing. HELP

flowerette

Reaction score
i have tried curing for longer, and find the end result feels dry but not completely rock hard like the opi gel colour
for example, today i had my cuticle pusher and scraped it over the gel fx to see what happens and it rippled a bit
idk if that means it needs to be cured for longer :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Noodle

Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
so i've recently purchased the orly gel fx starter kit (includes the primer, base, top, 3 colours, remover, cleanser etc) and i also brought some more colours, and i am LOVING the application, colours etc but no matter what i try it doesnt last for longer then one day without lifting/chipping or coming t!! so frustrating :(

each time i apply the layers THIN THIN THIN. i remove all the cuticle using the cuticle pusher, apply the cleanser primer and base, brush down the base, use two thin layers and then top
each layer i cure for 30 seconds w/ led and then top i cure for 60 seconds

and every single time it peels off and lifts! i've tried it friends/family and they find the same thing. HELP

Hello and welcome to the site.

Your Profile suggests you are not a Nail Professional.

Have you had any previous training or are you training at the moment?

beautybykellyd

Reaction score
I would try curing each layer for 2 minutes each.
Base coat - cure for 2 mins - thin coat of colour - cure for 2 mins - thin 2nd coat of colour - cure for 2 mins - top coat - cure for 2 mins - wipe sticky reside away with cleanse or non-acetone polish remover.

Hope this helps

Latest posts