So Frustrating Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all.

Today I had a lady come into the salon that used to have Permanent French Acrylic with me about a year ago. She works in London so in the end found it more convenient to get her nails done by a tech in London (I believe a Gel tech like LCN or similar).

Then today she comes in for a sunbed and asks me why her nails look so yellow.

I couldn't believe it when she told me that she went to NSS Salon in London because they were so cheap and quick.

She then complained about the yellowness and how quick they were and the fact that they couldn't speak English and also that the electric drill cut her cuticles sometimes.

This is scarey as I looked at her nails and they were not good. They had been airbrushed and were all chipped. She said hey it is great I can go 4/5 weeks between infills and my god to me they looked so thick and unatural. In the end I thought there is no point in trying to educate this woman, she is sold on the cheapness.

What on earth are we techs to do if our clients are going to these NSS salons. I don't want to run down any other salons, but the public need educating.

Are you all having the same problems.

Sam
Nothing But Nails

In past 2 months I had 15 clients come to me for their "gel" nails removal and for new sets.All of them went to NSS salons and all of them got cheap MMA acrylic with a layer of gel as a top coat.They all got a lesson about MMA and explanation what is gel and what is acrylic.Now they are all happy and loyal clients.That's the way it is going to be .They (NSS) will loose and we will gain new clients.We can just keep doing the best nails ever and not worry too much about NSS.
Lana

The woman came in with complaints about yellowness and that they frequently cut her skin ... I think you missed a golden opportunity there to really tell her some more home truths about the NSS ... you may have changed her mind to come back to you.

Hi All,
My boyfriend is a chauffeur and asked me if I would be interested in doing one of his German client's nails, he had just picked her up from the airport and she told him she'd had her nails done in a little backstreet place in Thailand a couple of weeks ago but they were in need of fills. Anyway, he phoned me and I got a few details, she said they were really sore and two of her nails were going green and pussey!!!!
Needless to say, I referred her to her doctor and told her to go to a Nail Tech that's certified next time.
God Only knows what damage they did to her nails!

Latest posts

Back