So frustrating!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Sarah

Reaction score
I had a call today from a possible new client.

She asked if I do gel but I explained that I currently only do L+P. She went on with the usual 'but acrylic damages your nails blah blah...'

I explained to her how some nail techs cause damage, how I applied them and how the prep for the acrylic is the same as gel and she wouldn't believe me!!

I am am hoping to do some training in Brisa soon but until then... :grr:

Just had to get that off my chest! feel better now :green:

xxxxx

Hiya hun, i know just how you feel . Although i do gel ,L+P ,silk and fiberglass i still have people ringing up asking for gel because they have heared that L+P damages your nails and gel is a lot kinder to them. And not matter what you say to them they ALWAYS think there right !!! GRRRRRrrr chin up hun xxxxx

if the client lies to you like that,.... lie to them, tell them that gels break easier and you would prefer to not do them .......
yeah it's crap, but if they spin it to you, why not spin it back at them

remember, you are the educated one

tigerlilli said:
I had a call today from a possible new client.

She asked if I do gel but I explained that I currently only do L+P. She went on with the usual 'but acrylic damages your nails blah blah...'

I explained to her how some nail techs cause damage, how I applied them and how the prep for the acrylic is the same as gel and she wouldn't believe me!!

I am am hoping to do some training in Brisa soon but until then... :grr:

Just had to get that off my chest! feel better now :green:

xxxxx
I explain to them that both Gel and L&P are actually arcylic based and that one is already pre mixed (Gel) and the other I mix myslelf (L&P), most accept that explanation.

what you can do is play with your words a little.....you offer whatever is most suitable for the clients requirements...see what i mean....you don't lie but you don't need to say no either....so for example....

Client Do you do Acrylic (they never ask for L&P)..?
Me Yes but i would offer all my clients a full consultation to determine whats best for them.
Client So you would do Acrylic then..?
Me I would need to see your nails first and go through what you do with your hands, job etc to properly advise what system would be best.

All you have to do is get them in them in the chair....then use whatever system you do by saying something like....ahhh i think Acrylic gel would be better for you...... and they will see your work and be thrilled...

xxx

nailzoo said:
if the client lies to you like that,.... lie to them, tell them that gels break easier and you would prefer to not do them .......
yeah it's crap, but if they spin it to you, why not spin it back at them

remember, you are the educated one

I love that !! haha :)

But don't forget that some clients will ask this because they have experienced damage in the past personally..... I have a mani cient who had 'acrylics put on' (her words) in the past and the damage took months to grow out - much as I tell her I wouldn't do that to her she is adamant she's never having enhancements again.....

Also, don't underestimate the power of advertising/gossip - how many 'urban myths' have been posted on here because they sound convincing?

WE know the reality but clients often don't and like it or not they will believe office gossip.

IMO there will always be people who wont be convinced no matter what. Others can be influenced if you get them in the chair.....

Possibly a lot of clients know MMA as acrylic and if they have had nail damage or know someone else who has, from having that on their nails, then they class all L&P in the same bracket as the MMA:eek:

Hi guys!

Thanks for your replies!

Yeah she said an electric file had been used on her in the past, so I told her I've had that done to me in the past and then told her the procedure I use etc..

Oh well i guess some people just wont listen...

Cheers
xxxx

Latest posts

Back