So upset!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbunny28

Reaction score
I broke my external hard drive. It had EVERYTHING on it. Including my dissertation. Which I now don't even have a scrap of. I'm devestated. Does anyone have any idea how I can recover anything from it? Please help!! :'( x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you back up at anytime or use a cloud storage?

Did you back up at anytime or use a cloud storage?

No because I am useless and I don't even have a laptop of my own at the moment so using family's.... I could cry. Am using Google drive from now on! x

I'm sure youl be able to get the info off it, I have no idea how but there must be a way,

In what sense is it broken??

I think I bumped it somewhere. It comes on but won't come up on the computer and I have tried 3!

Dad said it would cost in excess of 1000 to get any sort of data recovery. Luckily I do have pictures and things on a very old hard drive out of my old laptop which my OH can access hopefully...
That'll teach me though. From now on I am using cloud services to save my data and keeping about 4 copies of everything lol.

I suggest you all do the same!!

Im a little worried about my accounts but thank the lord I am organised with my paper documents so its just a matter of data input x

£97 to recover. Good luck.

Rapid Data Recovery

They fleeced me good and proper. Paid them about £1600 and they didn't recover all the data and wouldn't communicate with me.

Ontrack data recovery are excellent.

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

You may be able to reseat the drives in an external USB slot and access the data.

You may be able to reseat the drives in an external USB slot and access the data.

What do you mean by that?

Oh ok. That wouldn't work for what I have but thank you anyway x

You can remove the HD and seat it/them in the dock x

You can remove the HD and seat it/them in the dock x

Its an external one and it wont make a difference as it's broken lol x

That's the thing, the drive itself may not be, it *may* just be the electronics within the casing of the external HD. I've had to do this quite a bit and have purchased external HDs for the actual HD inside and removed them and installed them in my computer (the exact HD was in the ext drive as int drive, yet it cost a lot less).

When my external 1tb HDs were damaged, all that I actually needed to do was remove them from the external HD casing where the electronics were damaged, dock them, image them, then create a soft raid on my computer. Unfortunately I learnt all this after wasting £1600 with rapid data recovery and having them opening the actual HD exposing the plates in a non-clean room, damaging one of the drives and taking them out of order for the raid.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back