So wound up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad_4_Massage

Reaction score
Can't describe how p$%^ i am right now!

I have an account with a certain dating website that i went on to try at a friends pleading, after a week i decided it want for me so i canceled the subscription and deleted my account. Fair enough right?

Wrong.

Kept getting emails off them but thought it was spam, clicked on one while trying access another email and it took me to my account. The one that should have been deleted - and my subscription was still active.

So i tried to cancel it again, but oh no! That page was unavailable. So i tried ringing them, i'd have had more luck giving myself a deep tissue back massage that getting it through to them to cancel the account! The poor woman spoke little English and judging by the repeating of sentences and rapid page turning suggests she was reading from manual of how to deal with customers.

But oh no, it took two long weeks of constant phone calls and trying online but nada. Would not cancel. So i tried to cancel online again to get a message pop up saying "Payment is processing, you are unable to cancel your subscription at this time"

So they're taking payment for something i don't want! Tried cancel it though my bank but its not classed as a direct debit as it was only a one off payment and thorough some terms that i will admittedly zoned out at due to an argument outside about a woman sleeping with her best friends 17 year old son (was a rather interesting fight) was told basically that they can't stop the payment.

My only hope is that i recently changed my card as the old one expired, so despite not been a religious woman i am praying to every God or every religion i can think off that it wont be able to take payment due to the face that the card i (hope!) I registered with is out of date. Worst thing is that ive checed on the site and they've said they wont do a refund after the payment is taken which means i will be £440 out of pocket (Because they ever so kindly decided i needed a longer subscription with loads of must have extras that i simply cannot find a perfect match without!)

Sorry for the rant ladies and gents, this has wound me up sooooo much!!!

:grr: :grr:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would contact your bank and tell them it's fraud and they will cancel it. Also, tell them if they take this payment and don't refund you you'll take them to court as you explicity explained you wished to cancel. That normally gets the ball rolling...good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get in touch with your bank or credit card company.They will probably be able to help you.

Get back to the bank. Tell them that this payment is expected to come out and that you've cancelled it and don't want it coming out. I've done this several times without a problem, even when it's not a direct debit. Tell them the whole story and they will help you.

Also if it's a new card because your new card has expired it will still work, happened to me on living social I bought something and didn't recognize the card so had to buy something else just to make sure (a massage, im sure I didn't really need to hahaha) and it was my old card but because it had only expired it came out my bank which I thought was awful strange x x

They should give you a refund if you threaten them with the correct body such as FSA/FCA etc. if you had to give an account number to the person on the phone they should have a log of your calls

Latest posts

Back