Soak off bowls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
I know this topic has been coverd in the past but I wanted to ask again. I was always taught to use foil to soak off any gel polish and not a bowl of acetone, due to drying the nail as it's done every two weeks rather than once in a blue moon as with enhancements. But all new clients and I've seen on here before that others are using a bowl of acetone to remove. Is this what most people are doing now. I just wonderd really as a lot of my new clients have been shocked that I use the foil method as they prefer to soak in a bowl. Does this take the same amount of time? And do you find it damaging to your clients nails or not? X

I have tried SoakOff Bowls, but I´m still using the foils. You need so much acetone. The time for removing is the same. I don´t like the Bowls.

I have tried SoakOff Bowls, but I´m still using the foils. You need so much acetone. The time for removing is the same. I don´t like the Bowls.

I have always wondered what you would do with the acetone afterwards how would you get rid of it :confused: x

I have always wondered what you would do with the acetone afterwards how would you get rid of it :confused: x

Hi! It is advisable to blot the left over acetone up with kitchen roll and bag it and bin it. It melts your pipes if you put it down the sink (you know that already) xxx

Hi! It is advisable to blot the left over acetone up with kitchen roll and bag it and bin it. It melts your pipes if you put it down the sink (you know that already) xxx

That´s my way to.

I know this topic has been coverd in the past but I wanted to ask again. I was always taught to use foil to soak off any gel polish and not a bowl of acetone, due to drying the nail as it's done every two weeks rather than once in a blue moon as with enhancements. But all new clients and I've seen on here before that others are using a bowl of acetone to remove. Is this what most people are doing now. I just wonderd really as a lot of my new clients have been shocked that I use the foil method as they prefer to soak in a bowl. Does this take the same amount of time? And do you find it damaging to your clients nails or not? X

Hi! I asked this recently too because my clients have said they always have theirs soaked off which I can't understand because I was taught to use foils too.

Do you ever have any difficulty using foils? And do you find it quite expensive? xx

Hi! I asked this recently too because my clients have said they always have theirs soaked off which I can't understand because I was taught to use foils too.

Do you ever have any difficulty using foils? And do you find it quite expensive? xx

I use hair dressing foils with cotton wool and find it very cost effective, I can cut the foils to my desired size and their very thick, I've yet to use a soak off bowl for gel polish, may try it on my own nails but wouldn't want removal that way every 2 weeks as surely it must be drying to the nail, unless I'm being over cautious. X

Soaking in a bowl is what we used to do years ago...if techs have not been on a training course in some time then they may be unaware that it is much better for clients nails to use foil and wrap as well as less use of product

Thanks for replies, going to stick with the foil method x

I've a client who asks for soak off (at her house) as she is terrified of leakage from wraps after a previous mobile tech experience where it seeped out and damaged her table!

With foil wrapping you're lessening the chance of over exposure to acetone when its done correctly. Soak of bowls are submersing the fingers into acetone and over time will cause over exposure problems in most people.
Even if it did save me time soaking off, personally I'd still rather use the foil method. Like its been said above I use hairdressing foil and little bits of cotton wool :) it works a dream.
Plus the bowls use so much acetone, its a waste of product x

Latest posts

Back