Soak off gel and gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Please can someone tell me the difference in these products, as I have been looking at soak off gels and the application seems pretty much the same as a gel polish application and am guessing they give the same results and last the same, so why use a gel polish instead of a soak off gel?

Ordinary soak off gels can be use to create extensions (like acrylic extensions). Soak off gel POLISH is exactly what it says. It's a polish that can be soaked off after 2 or 3 weeks depending on longevity.

So you couldn't use a thin layer of soak off just to create a colour, it would have to be built up to create an enhancemnet?

Soak off gels like Bio Sculpture can be used either to create a standard colour overlay (similar in look to gel polish but in my experience harder wearing) or by building to create an extension. Hope that makes sense.

A soak gel POLISH is applied like a polish and set with a uv or led lamp. A soak off GEL is for extending the nail or used as overlays for added strength. Both products come in colours. It depends on what you want to do.

What are you wanting to achieve?

Which products have you been looking at? Might help us to answer your question :)

I have been looking at the soak of colours by ASP

Buy Soak Off Colour Kit from Beauty Express

and some of the gel polishes, various brands, I am wanting to do gel manicure and looking at the soak off gels as they seem more cost effective to use than buying gel polishes and wanted to know if I could do it this way and what the differences would be in results, timings, how long it would last e.t.c

Latest posts

Back