Soak-off UV polish & holidays abroad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickieg29

Reaction score
I'm new to the UV polish and am only on my 2nd week after completing my course so I was just after some advice please

I appreciate that my application/technique is still very fresh and may require some work but my friend has just got back from her week holiday in Spain, and she had pealed the Uv polish off, she said it had started to chip...I'm gutted to say the least that it didn't last the week!

Could it be down to sea water/chlorine/sun creams/oil?

Hope someone can help me
thankyou x

Can I ask what make you are using :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I should of said! I use Icon by cuccio as its what I trained with :)

I know that solvents in some suncreams dissolve acrylic and make nail polish sticky so i'd inmagine that its the culprit here. Solvents in perfume also have this effect!

sunscreens can effect gel quite a bit. you said she was on holiday, so this might have been what helped the peeling/chipping along.

thanks so much for your reply guys, i thought that suncreams might be the culprit but at least i can advise people of this now :) thanks again x

Chlorine, inspect repellent and sunscreen can all cause problems if clients are not careful. I have some clients who take good care of them by washing (with soap and water not just giving them a wipe over) applying a bit of extra topcoat over them and using their cuticle oil, these are the ones who come back with them intact and looking perfect. Other clients will do nothing to their nails the whole time and have problems with lifting etc.

All you can do is make sure that you are using a good product, your prep is spot on and that you give the aftercare advice. After that, it's down to them.

Try not to let it get you down x

Nt sure about the polish but the swimming baths helps my hard gel come off

Latest posts

Back