soaking off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
hi again all i forgot to ask this question. i have a client that wants to soak off like once amonth and put on a complete new set sometimes she wants gel nails sometimes she wants it on her natural nails sometime she want tips. i have told her soaking off is only okay like once every six months but she insists. i saw here yesterday and she wants to soak off what i have put on (3 weeks old) and replace it with tips. should i?

it isn't advisable to keep on soaking off as it dries out the nails a lot...
why does she keep on changing her mind?

i think that six moths is too long to keep on set on i would go with 2 1/2 to 3 month with complete soak-off and i agree with valencianails.

ValencianNails said:
it isn't advisable to keep on soaking off as it dries out the nails a lot...
why does she keep on changing her mind?

hi valencian how are you, if the only problem is dried out nails then should i do it for her? and its not a matter of her changing her mind. its just that she a different look she does not like to keep one look for too long. and to the other person that answered.. i have read on other boards that 3-6 months is the required period allowed to keep nails before soaking off

Nafia said:
i think that six moths is too long to keep on set on i would go with 2 1/2 to 3 month with complete soak-off .

I never remove a set...unless they need removing.....all of my clients start with a set (if they have no length) and we just keep infilling and balancing till the tips have grown off and they are a natural nail overlay. If you are soaking sets off and re-tipping them then arnt you cutting the natural nail thats grown under neath off so you can re-tip...? i don't understand why sets should be taken off if there is nothing wrong with them. xx

ValencianNails said:
have a look at this Article by Sam...
hth's

thanks valencian well said with out so many words:biggrin:. so i guess we both know what i should do then:o. thanks again

NailStyle said:
I never remove a set...unless they need removing.....all of my clients start with a set (if they have no length) and we just keep infilling and balancing till the tips have grown off and they are a natural nail overlay. If you are soaking sets off and re-tipping them then arnt you cutting the natural nail thats grown under neath off so you can re-tip...? i don't understand why sets should be taken off if there is nothing wrong with them. xx

i agree with you all but as i said its her choice and i was just trying toplease her.. i did tell her constant soaking off is not good for her but if the dont listen then they just have to learn the hard way. i guess i will have to try and:hug: give her a look that she can love for at least 6 months.:lol:

Hi,

It might be worth while if she keeps insisting that you soak off her nails every two minutes, to get her to sign a disclaimer were you've outlined the side effects of this practice so that she can't hold you responsible if her nails start to look horrible !

River

The way I read that article it seems there is no real long term problem. Personally, I soak my own enhancements off every four weeks (and have done for the last four years). I hate to see my own growing underneath. There is absolutely no damage on my natural nails from doing this.

Latest posts

Back