Soft gel with tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbeauty

Reaction score
Please don't shoot me for saying this, I've just seen a tutorial on you tube of someone using soft gels over tips. I've been told this shouldn't be done as they don't last, and hard gels should be used. Obviously if this can be done it's seems the best and easy option.
Has anyone done this before?
What have you found that works best with tips?

Lola x

Don't do it I did and it didn't work only lasted a day!

X

What do you mean by soft gel?
Soak off or actual texture? I use Calgel and it is soft in feeling comparison to your acrylic and it is fine to do tips with.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397682548.795292.jpg I attached a pic. U just need to make sure it has support by your arch and they not flat if that makes sense.

Beauty at your finger tips!

I've used tips with calgel and bio, mine always lasted well, build a good apex so the strength is all in the right place and you'll be fine

You can do it with potted soft gels because the thicker viscosity means you can build an apex - the structure needed for them to be attractive and last.

You would only attempt with soft gel in a polish bottle if you weren't fussed with appearance or longevity. You can't build an apex so there is no structure. The enhancement will be flat & ugly rather than having the attractive curved appeal of a balanced nail.

Sorry I mean soak off gels. Is calgel another brand of soft/soak off gels? I already use opi gelcolour, and was thinking of using Gelish hard gel, but if it works then why not. The girl on YouTube used Gelish soak off.
If not is Hard gel easy to use? As in the same prep e.t.c? X

You will need to re train with whoever is your supplier. I am trainned via Calgel and I use but still retained whenever I changed products each house has their own methods. So just give them a call and ask. But Calgel is amazing and won't ruin natural nails and I find certain clients love it others don't so depends on your clientele always nice to have another choice available I say. X

Beauty at your finger tips!

Please don't shoot me for saying this, I've just seen a tutorial on you tube of someone using soft gels over tips. I've been told this shouldn't be done as they don't last, and hard gels should be used. Obviously if this can be done it's seems the best and easy option.
Has anyone done this before?
What have you found that works best with tips?

Lola x

I trained with bio sculpture, they have a thicker but still soak off sculpting gel that can be used to either sculpt a short extension or with tips - obviously soak off gels are not as strong as a hard gel so the extension is better shorter in length ie not a stiletto shape. I'd advise training as you won't be able to purchase from bio or calgel without training first x

Calgel is a hard gel that can be used over tips and also sculp with it.
I wouldn't put tips under gel polish personally as like a pp said it will look flat and ugly as you can't 'build' a c curve and they won't last as you need the strength there to support the tip x

Calgel is not a hard gel.. I use it to sculpt more than I do with tips.. I find it excellent for extending..x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back