solar butter VS solar silk moisturiser??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
ok i ALWAYS use either solar butter or creatives spa finishing lotion (love them smells):) for my manicures, however i was looking on a distributors website today and seen solar silk moisturiser, I have never used this and am interested in getting the product, can anyone tell me the difference between solar butter and this which is better?
thanks in advance nic

p.s. who uses solar blam? i have used it once, just interested as this as the solar smell is so comforting in winter and its winter here i just love it. lol :lol::eek:

Hi Nic
Solar silk is more of a lotion and can be used all over the body. It has a similar consitency to the scentsations lotions. I use solar silk daily on legs arms and hands and used solar butter in a weekly manicure routine or when my hands are extra dry!

hth's

Solar Silk is a light hand and body lotion, Solar Butter is a more intensive cream and contains shea butter.
Both are super penetrating moisturisers, I've used Solar Butter on my legs before when they're dry, it's a fab product.
I use Solar Balm on my lips, more so in the winter, it saves them becoming chapped, you can use it in place of Solar Oil on your nails, it's a fab skin conditioner and worked wonders on my elbows :D
hth's

I use both in one of my manicures. Solarbutter with paraffinwax & then massage with Solarsilk. I prefer the lighter lotion for massage.
I always carry solarbalm in my handbag, & when retailing solaroil I show them the solarbalm & tell them it's very handy to carry with you.

ok i ALWAYS use either solar butter or creatives spa finishing lotion (love them smells):) for my manicures, however i was looking on a distributors website today and seen solar silk moisturiser, I have never used this and am interested in getting the product, can anyone tell me the difference between solar butter and this which is better?
thanks in advance nic
solar butter is fanatastic for clients with very dry skin..creatives finishing lotion is better than solar silk moisturizer IMO...it is cheaper by memory (the solar silk)..but the finishing lotion delivers a more pleasing result on all skin types...kinda like a skin makeover:)

p.s. who uses solar blam? i have used it once, just interested as this as the solar smell is so comforting in winter and its winter here i just love it. lol :lol::eek:
i retail solar balm to clients with extra dry hyponichium (bordering on pterigium) to use with cuticle eraser and the solar oil as it makes their appointments alot quicker (where prep is concerned). p.s I know what you mean about winter..its bloody freezing here in Perth,too. Do you use scensations? The mango and coconut makes me think of summer..bliss!

p.s I know what you mean about winter..its bloody freezing here in Perth,too. Do you use scensations? The mango and coconut makes me think of summer..bliss!

LOL yeah it is sooo cold here at the moment too! No actually i have never used scentsations before is it any good? i have been thinking of trying them too. thanks everyone.
NIc

LOL yeah it is sooo cold here at the moment too! No actually i have never used scentsations before is it any good? i have been thinking of trying them too. thanks everyone.
NIc
I love using scensations for a nice finish to a enhancement service..i do find its more suited to clients with normal skin,though.It doesn't do as much for drier clients unfortunately.
Everytime i go to Hairmart i cant help myself and buy another..it used to be a polish obssesion..now its scensations:lol:
I think its nice to have at least 6 on my desk for clients to choose from. Vanilla shimmer is always popular with my young clients..cucumber and aloe or birch and mint is really refreshing in the hotter weather.
The latest one i have is pear/dandelion which is the only one i hadn't tried yet, cos the thought of a weed didn't do it for me..but it does smell really nice..believe it or not!

Latest posts

Back