Solar Oil for scars...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy32

Reaction score
Has anyone tried solar oil on new scars? My cousin has been advised after surgery to massage the scars with either Bio Oil or E45 but I wondered if Solar Oil would work?

Solar Oil works incredibly well for this purpose and I have used it for this.

Solar Oil is a Bio oil and has been since 1979!

I know several plastic surgeons who recommend the use of Solar Oil for the purpose of softening and reducing scar tissue appearance.

My daughter had a bad burn and a skin graft on her arm over 17 years ago and she uses my solar oil everyday she swears it is softening the scar tissue.

Like Bio Oil you must use it everyday otherwise you wont see such a difference.
:hug:

Gigi is bio oil similar to spa pedicure massage oil? I use bio oil daily and solar balm on my elbows and knees and it's great. I have noticed the massage oil has same smell and consistancy ad bio oil.

However a bit cheaper so would be great if it was a carrier oil like bio.

Gigi is bio oil similar to spa pedicure massage oil? I use bio oil daily and solar balm on my elbows and knees and it's great. I have noticed the massage oil has same smell and consistancy ad bio oil.

However a bit cheaper so would be great if it was a carrier oil like bio.

I do know the massage oil is made of of light pure botanical oils: Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, and Vanilla and Coconut oils. They are aroma therapeutic but cannot vouch for the healing properties of these oils as opposed to the known benefits of Vitamine E and rice Bran oils that are in Solar Oil.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if solar oil would help stretch marks ?

Just out of interest, does anyone know if solar oil would help stretch marks ?

If you are talking about stretch marks due to pregnancy, if use Solar Oil religiously whilst pregnant it will help your skin allot. It wont do you any harm to do the same afterwards.

Yes I am referring to pregnancy stretch marks. My daughter is due next week and has encountered a lot of stretch marks, she has been using bio oil but I wondered if solar oil might be more effective ?

Latest posts

Back