Solar Oil in TK Maxx Leeds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makinprogress

Reaction score
As per the title! Shocked to see it in boxes, on the shelves in Leeds City Centre! I'll email S2 'for their info'!

:confused::eek: ill be interested in their reply

I have also seen it in TKMaxx Chelmsford Essex.

I've had clients buy both cnd hand creams and oils in TKMax here in Ireland .

It obviously not sweet squared fault, rouge traders in other countries supply goods to TKMax in bulk and it appears in our shops. Nothing much can be done about it unfortunately but rest assured it usually only a once in a blue moon.

I just smile at customs and tell them it's great that they got a bargain and leave it at that :) it's not like they are going to be able to repurchase it from TKMax so they may fall in love with the product and purchase it from you :)

I have a client that works in TK Maxx who tells me they will be stocking a whole range of CND products, including solar oil, polishes, hand creams etc.

Last edited:
Tkmaxx work by purchasing excess stock, so it's probably from somewhere that us closing it stopped using the products.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Its in the Newmarket store too.

I suspect it's 'Grey Goods'

Nothing to get worked up about.

I've seen fake OPI in there before as well.

I hate that store, full of old tat.

It certainly looked like the real deal!
I'm not getting worked up about it either, I just seem to remember S2 being interested in the past.

Saw it in Plymouth tkmaxx too, one time, Plymouth Tkmaxx tagged and tried to sell a tatty dirty second hand leather jacket they must have found it on the floor, when I showed the staff, they had no idea how it got there?.?!! And I was like....soomebody tagged it £59.99!!!!??

Its in the Newmarket store too.

I suspect it's 'Grey Goods'

Nothing to get worked up about.

I've seen fake OPI in there before as well.

I hate that store, full of old tat.

I doubt very much TKmax sells fake opi . They stock lots of brands all genuine, but normally, last seasons or end of line. To the op i would not worry to much, TKmax tend to buy in bulk and when its gone its gone. x

I doubt very much TKmax sells fake opi . They stock lots of brands all genuine, but normally, last seasons or end of line. To the op i would not worry to much, TKmax tend to buy in bulk and when its gone its gone. x

It was definitely fake. I have used OPI for years and know how to spot a fake one.

The solar oil was genuine but as I said, probably grey goods.

Unfortunately the same happened with TIGI hair products. Tkmax sold a few gift sets to begin with and then stated selling lots more items from the range. That was about 6 years ago and guess what, they are still selling it. And it's all genuine stock.
Lever who own TiGi say that it is out of there control despite efforts to stop it. Unfortunately when a brand as big as TIGI and CND get ever more popular then the black market starts to want a price of the action. But to be fair the sort of people that go to tkmax probably thinks CND is a veenirial disease. And wouldn't know quality if it offered them a lift home.

I know we can't discuss prices, but do tkmaxx sell solar oil for the same amount s2 recommend we sell at? I've just bought loads of little solar oils & the small hand lotions to sell as Xmas gifts! Typical

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413999871.073851.jpg

Just seen this in TK Maxx in York!! This was the only one there, and had no top coat to go with it either...
But I took the lid off and hid it at the other end of the store near homewares, so they won't be able to sell it now anyways :)
X

Solar oil in the Banbury store as well. To be honest, it doesn't really bother me. I doubt many people would know it's worth anyway :wink2:

View attachment 77372

Just seen this in TK Maxx in York!! This was the only one there, and had no top coat to go with it either...
But I took the lid off and hid it at the other end of the store near homewares, so they won't be able to sell it now anyways :)
X

Ermm why would you sabotage someone's stock causing them to lose money?

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

View attachment 77372

X

THATS TERRIBLE!!! You shouldn't even be worried about this, CND and other brands have been (and will most likely always be) in these stores for years and it hasn't affected anyone's retail sales otherwise no salon would be selling those brands. Destroying someone's stock doesn't solve anything because if clients don't buy it from TK MAXX they will go online to find it cheaper, if they really wanted too.

I've never been worried about what TX MAXX (here its winners) sells, I just know what to stock and what not to stock but its never affected my sales to any point of me wanting to destroy the stores merchandize.

I'm sure tk maxx are not selling fake goods, they sale a lot of items that you wouldn't be able to buy in a normal store like cnd products, I remember when Tigi was in there & it was from a online store that had gone bankrupt, we asked our Tigi rep at the time! so maybe this has happened to a big salon & they sold there stock to tkmaxx! My local 99p store have sold so much opi shatter which is def not fake I'm guessing that Lena White ordered to many which I know they did with there nail wraps as was told when did my gel color course with them! which is why they are now £3 in my local tk maxx store, think it's bit crazy opening a bottle of colour & hiding it though! It's one bottle in the store they prob won't ever get the products in ever again as they don't usually restock same products!!

There are 301 cnd solar oils for sale on eBay (well that's how many are shown when search cnd solar oil there is prob more than that!) & 277 tk maxx stores in the uk! I really wouldn't be worried that tkmaxx are selling it as people are more likely to buy off eBay than go into a tkmaxx store!

Latest posts

Back