Some advice please !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmadonald31

Reaction score
Hi guys just looking for some advice,

i have been a trained nail tech for 5 years but never really got into as i had kids not enough time etc etc.... then out of the blue a girl i know who owns her own salon was looking for a nail tech and i though that i would really like to start up on my own, so i have just started last week doin three days a week i was completly full of appointments which i was really pleased about. i feel slightly disheartened as the girl whos shop it is came and asked me to do shellac on her with a french manicure i said no probs but found that i was so nervous i was shaking i could hardly paint her nails she then told me they werent great so to take them off which i did then done a lovely silver with a shatter nail polish with a uv top coat, they looked fab, she never paid me for them was told she had no cash on her.

After that i had a girl in will really stained nails so i cleaned them up and put shellac on them, bout an hour later she came back into the shop ssaying it was coming off she was clearly picking at iti explained i would fix it but that its not indestructible and that if u pick at it it will eventually come off.

then to top it all off i done a set of nails on a client who then came back the next day to say she did not like the acrylics that a i had done i admit one nail was pretty bulky i offered to fix them which was fine then she asked me to fill in all her nails as she said i had left a massive gap between the acylic and her cuticle i explained that if i dont leave a space they would end up flooding her cuticle and lifting she was insistent that i do it, i know she will be back this week to complain and what makes it worse is that her daughter works in the shop.

I feel like packing it all in to be honest i know im good at what i do and have been given compliments on my work but feel like im struggling a bit.:irked:

Just carry on. . don't give up yet. They know it is a new salon and they know you will be nervous so are taking you for everything they can!

chin up hun:lol:...it wil take a lil while to get your confidence back up and your tecnique perfect again, dont give up...you get clients like that and it disheartens me too but at the same time we have to build barriers and be professional about it:green:

with my clients it may sound harsh... nearing the end of treatment i tell them that i like constructive critisim and if they are not happy with the nails that i have done then they MUST tell me before they leave,...because once theyre gone theyre gone and ill only expect to see them at infill time unless something drastic happens... because of past experience with nail pickers...they seem to accept that lol...hth x

people can be so cruel - what about doing a refresher course with the firm you did your training through - not suggesting it's your technique but just having the educator confirm you're doing everything right will do wonders for your confidence..

good luck

Latest posts

Back