Some advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuppy12

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Iam new-ish to the world of nails and iam currently doing a gel nail course. I have used some naio products and the edge, can anyone recommend any other products that are good quality?

Also best place to buy nail tips i have got some off ebay which are ok some i have half wells and the others dont have any wells does that make sense:eek:

Do you need to buff white tips before applying the gel? i have been told i dont need to but i did one and didnt buff and they gel chipped after 2-3days this could also be another reason ( 1, i didnt apply thick enough 2, didnt buff the natural nail properly ) and did 3 other sets that i buffed with white block and the seemed better and no chipping either.:cool:

Also i have some coloured tips do these need buffing? if with what?

I like the idea of the pre designed nail tips but do you cut them down to the clients desired nail length or keep the length they come as some you would lose the design on tip?:eek:

sorry to ask so many questions..Much apprecitated guys

:Love:

53 views... and no one comments!!!!!:twisted:

your training you should get you a card for the local wholesalers where you can get tips, without buying from ebay. Your lecturer should inform you where to buy
your products or look into invest into some training with one of the many fab nail companies that when you book the course, your kit comes in with the training. I think thats how most of us do it.x

CND NSI YOUNGS Too many too listx

bUff with a buffer, don't like the sound of your trainingx look into training elsewhere.x

CND all the way, can only be bought from www.sweetsquared.co.uk or ellisons.co.uk but you need to be qualified first in order to buy from them x

NSI or Brisa gel I find are the best. X

Thanks you all.

My trainer hasnt helped much with products etc she just said " good old ebay" or our local wholesalers but not any recommeded products:rolleyes:

i started a course with essential nails but didnt like it, and was unable to find anything local to me to train, then i found this lady who comes to your house goes through practical and theory then she shows you how to do one nail and then you do a nail on her and if need be more nails-all this is done in 4 hours then 2 weeks time she comes back if your ready and gives you an exam and you do 2 nails and written test then if you pass you get your certifcate:biggrin:

i dont know of anywhere else to train in my area

I think CND have a training centre in Sittingbourne. Highly recommend them. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for!

im sorry but that really doesn't sound good about your training. I hope you havn't paid too much money. Yes liza smith in sittingbourne bodylines. (CND) I did training with her. lovely lady. If you stay with this other one and she marking you on two nails? hows she going to know what your sets look like and how they last. Show you how to repair, and trouble shoot. Geeks on here will help some way, but not if they don't think your qualified enough to be doing them x Really i would think about it. Even going to collage will get you better experience than this, but im my experience it better to go to a company direct. I think denise wright also is still not far from Dartford. (NSI) I have training with them both. Both know there stuff and will put you on the right path if your serious about the nail business. Last thing you want is Clients complaining and you don't know how to fix thingsxx Don't mean to put a dampner on your training but it could cost you in the long run.x

Thank you soo much i have done the first lot of training with her i paid £200 and she stayed 2 hours out of the 4!! i was meant to have my "exam" monday just gone but she cancelled and said she was sick!:confused: that is another £35 i dont think i'll bother taking the exam i did have my doubts about her and that how would she know what my full sets would like if im only doing a couple of nails?! i will look into the lady in sittingbourne and dartford, do they have websites i can look at for course dates etc?:biggrin:

Thanks for your advice i am serious about doing nails and would love to get going!!:Scared:​

good choice! you might not get insurance to cover the other certificate if the course is not acredited. Look up sweet squared for training for CND and NSI for local training in your area. There are still other courses that are local but these will be one of the better choices. Have a search through the geek pages ask for some samples and go from there. Good luckx

Thank you Odee you have been very helpful- been looking at your work, great stuff very talented lets hope now i can get on the right track i can be just as good. :eek:

Thank you, Its not an easy ride though, ups and downs, I too had problems (and still come across) that i weren't to sure how to fix, Geeks are greatxx :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back