Some Gelish help needed please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm quite new to gelish, and am still learning. I found the gelish quite hard to remove so far. (any tips on that greatly received!) I went to a client tonight to remove gelish without reapplication due to work issues. It took loads of soaking last time to remove the previous gelish. When I took it off, the nails had white spots over them. Now I went there just over a week ago to repair a chip, and when I took the gelish off the nail was perfect underneath. The gelish wasn't split so I don't think it's a fungal infection. It looked much better once I had finished and oiled the nail. Help! I'm feeling really deflated and worried about this poor ladies nails! Many thanks.

I THINK this can happen due to dehydration from acetone and will fade. I am happy to be corrected though!

I THINK this can happen due to dehydration from acetone and will fade. I am happy to be corrected though!

I agree - if it looked better after solar oil that's probably what it is.

Take us through your removal steps and we'll try and help :) xxx

So far I've tried acetone, Harmony Soak-Off, D-Solve and the new CND Nourishing Remover (all with teeny amounts of cotton wool, hairdressers foil and a heated towel wrapped round the hand for 15 minutes) and the nourishing remover is by far the easiest removal for me. I always buff the top coat and free edge.

With the other methods I find I have a lot of stubborn bits that need quite a lot of gentle scraping with an orange stick but with the nourishing a wee push and it all comes off.

Thanks for replies, it looked much better after the oil was applied. I've spent ages trawling the Internet and it seems to point to that too. I just hope it hasn't it hasn't put her off having it done in the future. Glitterbox81, where do you get the nourishing remover from?

Thanks for replies, it looked much better after the oil was applied. I've spent ages trawling the Internet and it seems to point to that too. I just hope it hasn't it hasn't put her off having it done in the future. Glitterbox81, where do you get the nourishing remover from?

You order it through Harmony Hand and Nail UK online or whichever local distributor you use to get your Gelish supplies :)

I've tried various types but find harmony's remover to be the best and least drying. I buff the surface, place cotton wool on the nail (a circle cotton wool pad cut into quarters) wrap in hairdressers foil. I place them in unplugged but previously heated mitts for 10 mins and it generally comes off fine. I do get the odd person who need a little longer though.

I would agree they sound a little dehydrated, again I get this sometimes but jus explain its temporary and advise them to keep using the oil.

Puffle, I use the harmony gelish remover, maybe some heat will help. The cnd nourishing remover I don't think is sold at Sally's where I get my supplies from. I am sending off certificates to join sweet squared on Monday. As I'm using the whole nail harmony system I figured I must be doing something wrong. So frustrating, and I'm dreading my next removal.

Try making the foundation layer thinner, you only need a tiny amount of foundation. If you use a lot of foundation it takes longer to remove.

Do u file the top coat first?

yes I do file the top coat before soaking. although some people are saying that this isnt necessary.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back