Some wax still left on skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x3stephanie

Reaction score
I'm finding that when I carry out waxing services that after removing the wax strip that there is always some wax left on the skin? Does anyone know why this is? I'm currently using warm creme wax, am I applying it too thick?

Stephanie, It may be slightly thicker and not picking up on your strip, at the end of all my waxing treatments I apply a little oil on my gloves and massage over the area I have waxed and then using a clean strip I gently remove the oils and this will pick up any bits of wax that were left behind, then just carry on with your normal post waxing routine...
Hth Jack

Stephanie, It may be slightly thicker and not picking up on your strip, at the end of all my waxing treatments I apply a little oil on my gloves and massage over the area I have waxed and then using a clean strip I gently remove the oils and this will pick up any bits of wax that were left behind, then just carry on with your normal post waxing routine...
Hth Jack

Oh I see. I'm only using wax strips from Capital at the moment, do you think I should change wax strips if this will help? Thank you for your advice, I will definately try that next time I have a wax and see if it helps.

Maybe start by seeing if your wax can be applied any thinner , some waxes are thicker in consistency and tend to load up the strip too quickly. It may be that you can adjust your temperature of the wax and get it a bit thinner (but check its a safe working temperature) or you might want to consider another wax from the brand that you use that may be applied much thinner than the one you use at the moment. My personal choice is an xtra thin wax strip, I much prefer these rather than some of the thicker versions, most companies offer the standard one and then a thin wax strip. Sometimes just making a few little changes may make it a whole lot easier for you...

Good luck Jack

Maybe start by seeing if your wax can be applied any thinner , some waxes are thicker in consistency and tend to load up the strip too quickly. It may be that you can adjust your temperature of the wax and get it a bit thinner (but check its a safe working temperature) or you might want to consider another wax from the brand that you use that may be applied much thinner than the one you use at the moment. My personal choice is an xtra thin wax strip, I much prefer these rather than some of the thicker versions, most companies offer the standard one and then a thin wax strip. Sometimes just making a few little changes may make it a whole lot easier for you...

Good luck Jack

I agree and I think I was perhaps applying my wax a bit too thin. As I did a back wax on my brother, wax wasen't left on every strip, just in places on the back so it must of been my technique. I didn't know their were thicknesses in a wax strip. Thanks Jack :)

Latest posts

Back