Someone help me with my skin!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
I've had a terrible 6 months and most recently a nasty virus which really knocked me for 6 and I'm still recovering. All that together with chronic hayfever, feeling generally stressed and premenstrual has left me with terrible spots on my chin and skin which is dull, pot marked and generally ill looking.
I use decleor skin care and am meticulous about my regime (combination skin). I know I should eat better, drink more water and give up ciggies.

Can anyone recommend a course of treatments to help me?

Better still can anyone in my area offer to do them? I'd rather have a geek take care of it than see a stranger.:cry:

A good Nimue facial would sort you out in no time hun. Why not phone Hyperion Group and find out if you have a salon local to you? However as you have already said, you need to increase your water intake - try it warm with a slice of lemon, very refreshing and detoxifying - and eat healthily.

Dermalogica have a face mapping system and anything related to "laydeez problems" is shown in the chin, so maybe once that settles down then so will your chin.

I can vouch for the Nimue Home Care - I have been using it now for about a month or so and I ALWAYS have a spotty chin at that time - bit not this time - I was amazed.

Look after your skin when you are young and it will pay back dividends when you get older. Who need 10 years younger LOL.

aww hun sorry to hear that you are/have been under the weather :hug:

Gotta agree with Sassy and Fiona - sorry that I am too far away from you and can only give advice - One thing that I do use on my pre menstrual spots is the cnd cuticle rejuvenator - its fab for isolated spots imho and really does speed up healing for me:green:

Hi, hope you are feeling better now.

Just a question for you, are you exfoliating at all - if not this may help. Dermalogica do a couple of good exfoliators, or if you are a bit reluctant, they also do a facial brush which you can use with your cleanser. What cleanser are you using, you said you use Decleor, what prods?

I do exfoliate but maybe not as often as I should. I use the micro smoothing cream (?)

I use the cleansing milk and hydrofloral toner to cleanse and then the night balm before bed.

In the morning its neroli oil and hydrofloral moisturiser.

I have various eye treatments and masks which I use periodically.

I've been using witch stick on my chin in desperation. I'm going to Ascot ladies day on Thurs and at this rate my spots will need a hat of their own!

There is no quick fix I can think of that will be dramatic but having a facial will help.

You could try a salon that can do an enzyme peel, AHA peel or something stronger like a glycolic peel (performed by a professional, if performed correctly you can see dramatic results, however with the glycolic you may need to use an adaption gel for a few weeks before to keep the reation to a minimum, so this may not be possible before ladies day). These peels give a more even resurfacing than scrubs.

Long term-If you go into a few salons and ask for their suggestions you will easily see who is the most knowledgeable to perform a treatment on you-they should take a proper look at your skin without make-up so you may need to pay for a consultation. They will be able to reccomend a course of facials (possibly weekly for 4 weeks) to get your skin in better condition. You should really be having facials every 4-6 weeks as this is how long the skin takes to renew. You need to ask if their products have a scientific basis and therefore that they are results driven as otherwise they may think you are just after a relaxing treat-some salons use more "spa" type products

If you have a good routeen this helps but I have found the skin gets used to one product and it may be an idea to try something new skin care wise for 3 mths and then go back to your original routeen if you saw results in the past.
:)

p.s enjoy Ascot you lucky thing

emmad said:
I've had a terrible 6 months and most recently a nasty virus which really knocked me for 6 and I'm still recovering. All that together with chronic hayfever, feeling generally stressed and premenstrual has left me with terrible spots on my chin and skin which is dull, pot marked and generally ill looking.
I use decleor skin care and am meticulous about my regime (combination skin). I know I should eat better, drink more water and give up ciggies.

Can anyone recommend a course of treatments to help me?

Better still can anyone in my area offer to do them? I'd rather have a geek take care of it than see a stranger.:cry:
i used to suffer from cystic acne around my chin area which apparently is hormone related..i was prescribed the contraceptive pill to help the imbalance and also take zinc supplements which 6 months later cleared everything..HTH:hug:

melody jayne said:
i used to suffer from cystic acne around my chin area which apparently is hormone related..i was prescribed the contraceptive pill to help the imbalance and also take zinc supplements which 6 months later cleared everything..HTH:hug:
I was the same but it didn't work for me. I will vouch for taking a zinc supplement though, because it does help the breakouts to heal quicker.
Facial wise AHA/BHA's for sure. Work wonders, especially for combination/oily skin & if you tend not to exfolliate enough.

weezie said:
There is no quick fix I can think of that will be dramatic but having a facial will help.

You could try a salon that can do an enzyme peel, AHA peel or something stronger like a glycolic peel (performed by a professional, if performed correctly you can see dramatic results, however with the glycolic you may need to use an adaption gel for a few weeks before to keep the reation to a minimum, so this may not be possible before ladies day). These peels give a more even resurfacing than scrubs.

Long term-If you go into a few salons and ask for their suggestions you will easily see who is the most knowledgeable to perform a treatment on you-they should take a proper look at your skin without make-up so you may need to pay for a consultation. They will be able to reccomend a course of facials (possibly weekly for 4 weeks) to get your skin in better condition. You should really be having facials every 4-6 weeks as this is how long the skin takes to renew. You need to ask if their products have a scientific basis and therefore that they are results driven as otherwise they may think you are just after a relaxing treat-some salons use more "spa" type products

Just to say that Nimue gives you all of this :D

I am trained in Decleor & use it myself. Can i ask which products you are using ?
Also if there are any Decleor salons in your area i would consider going there & having either the Oxygenating or Regulating facial.
I have oily skin and the product ranges that have worked for me have been Decleor, Dermalogica & Comfort Zone - but when it came to spots nothing would shift mine them apart from medication.

emmad said:
I do exfoliate but maybe not as often as I should. I use the micro smoothing cream (?)

I use the cleansing milk and hydrofloral toner to cleanse and then the night balm before bed.

In the morning its neroli oil and hydrofloral moisturiser.

I have various eye treatments and masks which I use periodically.

I've been using witch stick on my chin in desperation. I'm going to Ascot ladies day on Thurs and at this rate my spots will need a hat of their own!

Sorry i didn't see this before. The decleor products you have mentioned above are for normal skin types. I would reccomend changing all off them to the oily range, the best thing to do would be to ask for samples from your local stockist (will pm the product names if you want) & try them before you buy. Also i would get some samples from other ranges like the ones mentioned in this thread & see what you think.

Thing is I'm not generally oily skin, I only ever get spots on my chin and ocassionally elsewhere. My cheeks ,nose and eye area are usually quite dry.

I sounds to me as if your skin is in need of deep exfolliation. If your having abit of trouble identifying your skin type, have an analysis by a professional.

The other thing to try would be Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel. This is a product that you put just onto the spot itself at night, and it will help to clear it up.

I have to say, I do agree with majority, book into a professional salon for a deep cleansing facial, and get them to do an analysis on your skin.

Good luck

Thanks very very much to all that replied. I managed ladies day and after a few glasses of bubbly I didnt care! The spotty chin eventually cleared up but here we are a few weeks later they are back again and seem to have appeared around my nose too.

Now I've come full circle and have seen its getting worse, I'm definately going to book myself in for a deep cleansing facial and get a skin analysis with a view to some sort of peel in the near future. I'm off on hols next week so I guess I'll have to wait till I get back.

Nimue sounds really interesting I'm not a beauty therapist but I wouldnt mind looking into the products a bit more for my own benefit and maybe offering it as a treatment to my clients.

Thanks very very much to all that replied. I managed ladies day and after a few glasses of bubbly I didnt care! The spotty chin eventually cleared up but here we are a few weeks later they are back again and seem to have appeared around my nose too.

Now I've come full circle and have seen its getting worse, I'm definately going to book myself in for a deep cleansing facial and get a skin analysis with a view to some sort of peel in the near future. I'm off on hols next week so I guess I'll have to wait till I get back.

Nimue sounds really interesting I'm not a beauty therapist but I wouldnt mind looking into the products a bit more for my own benefit and maybe offering it as a treatment to my clients.

Hi There
I have had alot of trouble with my skin most of my life and more so after I gave up smoking....I put a thread up asking for help too:) The Nimue range is fantastic and it has helped. My skin hasn't looked so clear for a long time....It took a little while to get used to the aroma's. The one thing I noticed no matter how tired a person is always remove your make up or if you don't wear any still do your routine and only move onto moisturising when your cotton pad is clear after cleansing...Surprizing how much dirt is still on your skin. It makes all the difference..I have seen many people just wipe their faces and not actually using it to its full potential....of cleansing...

Take care good luck with finding the right product for you!
x

I trained in Guinot, Gatineau and used clarins...but the best skin products for spotty/problematic complexions has to be Australian body care tea tree oil skin wash and the ketsugo products. Ketsugo is soothing and helps to prevent the over production of sebum and the great thing is its affordable...

Latest posts

Back