Someone is badmouthing me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassey0310

Reaction score
I need help!! I'm no wimp but don't want to cause drama! But...
There is a girl badmouthing me to existing or new clients regarding my work!!! Saying things like I don't know how she sleeps at night knowing she rips people off? and how my work is awful!
I know I'm good at what I do and had been doing it a lot longer than what she has! I think she is doing it for the new clients and not wanting them to come to me! What shall I do?!? I'm just worried if I say something it's going to end up all over Facebook!! HELP!! x

Honestly, I had something similar happen to me, I contacted the girl herself and asked her if she wanted to discuss with me what the problem was and that I'd like to clarify thing with her (she was an inexperienced extension tech bad mouthing my work using poor terminology that made no sense what so ever!) she never got back to me and nothing else got said. I didn't take it publicly. People respect you more when you don't retaliate. Try not to get too worked up over it, and as tempting as it is, keep a dignified silence x

Honestly, I had something similar happen to me, I contacted the girl herself and asked her if she wanted to discuss with me what the problem was and that I'd like to clarify thing with her (she was an inexperienced extension tech bad mouthing my work using poor terminology that made no sense what so ever!) she never got back to me and nothing else got said. I didn't take it publicly. People respect you more when you don't retaliate. Try not to get too worked up over it, and as tempting as it is, keep a dignified silence x
That's exactly it!! I don't want it going on any social media but I know her! And anything I say will be put on there and anything else she can make up!!! Thank you! and I will keep in silence until I hear anymore and then enough is enough xxx

For the moment I'd try and ignore it. Focus on good work and keeping your clients happy. They can judge for themself.

But do you kno why she is being like that? Is she an ex client?

Do you have any hard evidence such like emails or messages from her to your clients as that's slander and you can have her done for this. Try and collect as much as possible if you can and tell her if she carries on you will take her to court and sue her for slander this will normally stop them saying something in the end I had that with a client cause she was trying to rip me off with a freebie soon as I mentioned slander and court never heard a thing since

Written defamation is Libel, verbal is slander,
Nether comes under criminal law, but civil law.

Falsely bad mourning and attempting to damage a reputation can have serious repercussions. You may want to make her aware of that.

Hope you get it sorted

Pick up the phone and tell her fortune WITHOUT the tarot cards.

Keep your dignity but go straight in with 'Hi Sue (whatever), it's Jane (whatever) her, how are you? Then without hesitation say 'It's not a social call I'm afraid. I've been told by a couple of people that you've been making false and derogatory comments about me and my work but I know how rumours get exaggerated so I wanted to run it by you.........then let her speak. You're giving her a chance to deny it but you're letting her know she's got to stop.....and she will.

For the moment I'd try and ignore it. Focus on good work and keeping your clients happy. They can judge for themself.

But do you kno why she is being like that? Is she an ex client?
Thanks everyone! Yes she was a client of mine and then decided to do a course and try poach my clients - and I ended my friendship with her then!
A few ladies who have a consultation with her and said they are also going to see me then she started all the BS about how I rip people off! And don't have them done by her!
xx

If she was bad mouthing you to me, I would think she's being rude unprofessional. Try to ignore it.

There is a girl badmouthing me to existing or new clients regarding my work!!! Saying things like I don't know how she sleeps at night knowing she rips people off? and how my work is awful!
I know I'm good at what I do and had been doing it a lot longer than what she has! I think she is doing it for the new clients and not wanting them to come to me! What shall I do?!? I'm just worried if I say something it's going to end up all over Facebook!! HELP!! x
The best thing to do is say nothing at all. Her bad mouthing you says more about her than it does abou you! Stay professional and continue doing what you're doing. Clients come to feel pampered & receive an excellent service not listen to some therapist moan about another & who maybe feeling a little threatened! x

Thanks ladies! [emoji8]

Wow I can't believe this person your talking about she's so shady , it annoys me how people feel the need to. post everything on Facebook it's like people don't care and they don't even have the guts to say it to your face and put a stupid dramatic status on Facebook to get attention!!! Some people need shooting

People like this never go far so bear that in mind. So many people wear extensions nowadays there's enough business for everyone she'll soon figure that out.

I agree that if I went to any hair or beauty professional and they were slagging off their competition I'd be really put off.

As awful as these things are they do blow over so just sit tight xx

It just shows a lack of confidence on their part, if they were running a successful business however new, they wouldn't feel the need to bad mouth somebody else's work, I would ignore it for now and hopefully she will stop

Why does she think you rip people off? Or is she just saying it because it makes her look good for charging less?

Clearly jealousy... Unfortunately happens far to often in this industry.. I would take it as a compliment, rise above her... She clearly needs to put your work down to make hers look better... It really annoys me... Don't let anyone get you down!! X

Honestly people that would fall for or beleive her slandering would not make good regular clients anyways. If they are stupid enough to beleive anyones opinions of another without knowing the targeted slandered person personaly to make up their own minds of what said person is like then you don't need to bother yourself with those stupid brainless folks anyways. The clients shes doing this with will @ some time be watching you and seeing your final results and how well you and your clientell mix when your working. Shes just jealous and beleive me her behavior will not have any pull on your status so long as you carry on with your work you enjoy doing and always deliver your best to your clients like usual...the truth always shines forth.

You may find her clients requesting you in time her good ones anyway! Look at it as a way to keep all the stupid clients away from you as they are mindless and need her kind of crappy energy for fuel. My experience over 20 years says that most people don't like her kind of behavior and keep away from people like her so don't worry and don't let it get you thats how she wants to have power over you stressing you out and weakening the quality of your work!

Don't know about you but if I'm super stressed I don't work because I know my work suffers! Keep smiling and being your self and her opinions will have no power over you or even be able to touch you or your status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does she think you rip people off? Or is she just saying it because it makes her look good for charging less?
Yeah she's just saying it because she is cheaper! But I source my own Russian hair! That's hey I'm a tad more expensive! x

Yeah she's just saying it because she is cheaper! But I source my own Russian hair! That's hey I'm a tad more expensive! x
Well I'd just ignore her as much as possible, keep up your own standards with the hair & explain the difference in quality, people will appreciate quality over price in the long run anyway

Good companies get this as well as individuals I am afraid. It is so easy to hide behind a computer and put up false info to cause upset and anguish. We have people who have never been on our courses saying bad things about us, and other training companies.

Just smile, know you are doing a good job, keep enjoying your work, respect and always help your clients and they will support you. Your clients know these are lies being told about you. Keep calm, keep working hard and trust in the truth always winning in the end.

Latest posts

Back