Sore head

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesslilyxx

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Not sure if anyone wil be able to help me on this one, but my head has been quite sore for some days now. Its really itchy at times, and its quite scabby. I am not too sure if its my excema or not, I have been scratching it quite a bit at night and then it weeps. :irked:

It has just flared up within the week, has anyone got any suggestions for me as to what I can do to stop the itching? I wash my hair every 3 days now, I use to wash it every single day. As when its weeping and then it dries up my bits of my hair is quite hard, and also brushing my hair kills me!!!

I don't get to see my dermatolgist till the 21st August! Any suggestions or tips will be great!

Thanks for reading!

Have you changed shampoo? Or could be they added something to the water system? Almost sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to something, especially since its only flared up in the last week or so. Have you changed anything, even your diet, in the last week or so?

Maybe try something that can moisturize your scalp, to calm the dry skin down, or try using bottled water (I know, $ wise) to wash your hair for a few days and see what happens. What about your skin, is there anything on your arms, or legs, that shows any type of reaction?

Sorry can't be more help, good luck with everything. Did you talk to a hair professional?

oooh sounds painful hun, hope it clears up soon!
xxxxxxx

hi i might be way off the mark here, but could you possibly have a badly sunburnt head??? my daughter has and she has the same symptoms as you.( i took her to the dr, who said thats what caused her itching and scabs) just a thought, hope you feel better soon xx

hey go to doctor to see what it is if it excema u can use sting nettle for clear it up it come from the healt food store

handmaiden said:
hi i might be way off the mark here, but could you possibly have a badly sunburnt head??? my daughter has and she has the same symptoms as you.( i took her to the dr, who said thats what caused her itching and scabs) just a thought, hope you feel better soon xx

Nah not been out in the sun so don't think its sun burn!! Gotta try wshing my hair in a bit, feels real sore. May jus have 2 go docs tomorrow 2 get it checked out!! :cry:

it could be psoriasis (sp) your dr will be able to give you treatment whatever you have. maybe use baby shampoo if you have any its very mild and hopefully wont aggrevate your head as much as adult shampoos do especially as you have weeping sores xx

While you`re waiting to see a dermatologist you could try selsum or cold tar shampoo, they`re really good for dry, itchy, flaky scalps

Australian hair as well ask Minkus she swears it. x

Latest posts

Back