Sore Nails..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katysnails83

Reaction score
Hi everyone, had my nails on which my friend who has been a tech for 8 years did they were brill, I had them soaked off the correct way last week but now my nails are really sore and they were really strong when the enhancements came off but they have snapped really low I am puutins Solar Oil on etc but too no avail...Any ideas geeks?

Thanks Katy x:Scared:

after they were soaked off was there any product left on, and if so how was this removed?

just because she has been a tech for 8 years doesn't mean that she hasn't picked up some bad habits, that's why regular skillbuilding classes are so important.
Is it possible she filed your nailplate instead of just taking off the shine?

There wasn't any product left I know when she soaked them off she helped it along with a creative tool but it product came away easily confused :(

Hmm she did file my nail but I didn't feel any friction burns my nails seem very red and soft

Sometimes they can feel a little sensitive when the product is first removed. You're used to having a suit of arnour on them and now the nail plate is exposed. Have you tried using something like Toughen Up to literally toughen them up? Use this as well as the cutice oil.

I always say it takes a lot longer to getting used to NOT having enhancements as it does when you have them first applied. Perhaps you should go back to your friend so she can look at them to check if there is anything further she could suggest.

if the product wasn't picked off then I would assume (maybe wrongly) that your nail plate has been filed or you could have some sort of allergic reaction, however if your natural nails are breaking when they didn't previously then it's probably over filing.

this sounds like over filing. I had my nails done at a really good salon in october and this happened to me, and it was from overfiling. Or if she has prised some product off it will have taken some of your nail plate with it

Does sound like you're nails may have been filed hun even though you didn't feel friction burns:sad:

Try solar oil and Revivanail Extreme :Love: this worked wonders on one of my clients that has naturally thin and weak nails and it apparantly lasts for ages

Hope this helps

Thanks girls I mean I love having nails on but they were getting too long etc so I decided to have them removed now I have stumps :( I'll try what you've all suggested thank u :)

ValencianNails said:
if the product wasn't picked off then I would assume (maybe wrongly) that your nail plate has been filed or you could have some sort of allergic reaction, however if your natural nails are breaking when they didn't previously then it's probably over filing.

This is not an allergic reaction. DEAD nail plates do not have allergic reactions.

An allergic reaction to a product is characterised by the SKIN swelling, itching, redness and tissue break out.

I think this is a clear case of the technician thinning the nail plate over the months of doing your nails. Use a strengthener like Toughen Up and solar Oil every day to recondition your nail plates. Your nail plates have been dehydrated for many weeks .. they will break and split more easily after enhancements are removed if you do not keep up with the conditioning with Solar OIl.

geeg said:
This is not an allergic reaction. DEAD nail plates do not have allergic reactions.

An allergic reaction to a product is characterised by the SKIN swelling, itching, redness and tissue break out.
:o
thanks for clarifying that Gigi

Latest posts

Back