Sore nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marian

Reaction score
Hi, I had my nails done last night as a little treat to myself as I find it hard doing my right hand. Anyhow first time I have had l&p, (as I use gel) and she decided to sculpt as my nailbeds are thin from over filing in training.

The end result I am pleased with but I woke in middle of the night with very sore burning feeling on my nailbeds and it is quite sore to touch my nails!

The shine from my nails was removed very lightly with 240 grit file as she was aware of how thin they are so I am doubtful it was anything to do with this so was wondering has anyone any ideas why they are so sore?

It would be from your product curing and possibly shrinking slightly with the process. Be aware if they are very damaged, from training, they will be inclined to lift.
Good on your tech for choosing sculpts and avoiding any additional weight or damage to your nails..although, having said that, maybe you should have been advised to grow out some of the damage and have regular manicures? Just guessing,here,can't see the damage.
Just make sure you apply lashings of cuticle oil, treat them as jewels and the discomfort should cease in a couple of days.

did you have your nails squized

or touched the nail plate with a brush

did you let the primer to dry??

or maybe you had bad proportion or dirty brush

give more details how you had applyied the product :)

did you squiz your nails

or touch the nail plate with a brush

did you let the primer to dry??

or maybe you had bad proportion or dirty brush

give more details how you were applying the product :)

I didn't do my nails myself it was another tech. I never trained in l&p so I don't know the procedure but I am happy with my nails just the soreness is a problem!

It would be from your product curing and possibly shrinking slightly with the process. Be aware if they are very damaged, from training, they will be inclined to lift.
Good on your tech for choosing sculpts and avoiding any additional weight or damage to your nails..although, having said that, maybe you should have been advised to grow out some of the damage and have regular manicures? Just guessing,here,can't see the damage.
Just make sure you apply lashings of cuticle oil, treat them as jewels and the discomfort should cease in a couple of days.

I rubbed solar oil in twice last night before bed and first thing this morning so I am hoping this will help!

owww

I must be blind :eek:

I asked these questions because these mistakes can be the reason for your problem (besides the fact your nail plate is very thin)

It will be product shrinkage for sure on your damaged nails ... if the damage is severe enough, you may also get onycholysis!! If you do, don't panic ... just let the nails grow out with the product on .. keep short .. keep using solarOil and do not under any circumstances pick at the product or you will be in trouble.

Any pain should be gone by tomorrow.

It will be product shrinkage for sure on your damaged nails ... if the damage is severe enough, you may also get onycholysis!! If you do, don't panic ... just let the nails grow out with the product on .. keep short .. keep using solarOil and do not under any circumstances pick at the product or you will be in trouble.

great advice geeg.:)

Thanks Geeg, the pain has already started to subside so the oil must be helping (possibly by making the nail more flexible) thank goodness!

Latest posts

Back