Sore scalp from extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahbeauty24

Reaction score
I had tape in hair extensions fitted just under 3 weeks ago, all was fine at first but I've started to get some sores/scabs around my scalp (mainly where the hair is fitted). Does anyone know why this is?

I know my scalp is sensitive, I get the same sort of sores when I use a cheapy shampoo or had my hair bleached..but theres a lot more with the extensions fitted...its making my head so itchy :-(

Can anyone shed some light? Should I have them removed? Is there a shampoo that might help?

Any advice would be much appreciated

TIA

You need to have them removed. It sounds like theres too much tension which can cause TA because they've been fitted incorrectly.

The scabs could be from your scratching. Are there bumps where the extensions are fitted?

You need to have them removed. It sounds like theres too much tension which can cause TA because they've been fitted incorrectly.

The scabs could be from your scratching. Are there bumps where the extensions are fitted?

Thanku for your reply, yes bumps are where the extensions are fitted...I've also have had a few come up around my ear and side of forehead.

Can some people just not wear hair extensions for stop? I was under the impression tape ins where great for fine hair?

Thanku for your reply, yes bumps are where the extensions are fitted...I've also have had a few come up around my ear and side of forehead.

Can some people just not wear hair extensions for stop? I was under the impression tape ins where great for fine hair?

Yes tape ins are great for fine hair but these problems only occur when they've been fitted incorrectly! Your extensionist hasn't done their job properly i'm afraid!

Latest posts

Back