Sorry........I Can't Hear You!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Reaction score
I am sitting with my music on full blast after getting back from swimming with my son to a note posted through my door from my neighbour. In this note it said for me and my customers to refrain from turning our cars around on his driveway as we'll damage it and then went on to say if I could kindly lower my voice when reprimanding my son as it's unpleasant to listen to me screaming at him several times a day :mad:

1) I don't have any customers yet and I did back onto the dropped kerb outside his house to turn around this morning but did NOT touch his driveway. The pavement and kerbs are council owned not his!!

2) Yes, I sometimes shout at my son after calm requests are ignored 15 times, I DO NOT scream and shout at him all day every day by any means!!

3) Even if I did scream and shout all day every day, it is none of his business and he certainly does NOT have a right to tell me how to parent my child

4) I am livid and both myself and my son, rather childishly, are now making as much noise as we can this afternoon.

My blood is boiling. We have been overly considerate of them since we moved here. My son's room had wooden floors, after the woman called him a little s*d for the noise he makes, we had the room carpeted.
We tell our son constantly to be quiet, so that he doesn't disturb them, he isn't able to be how he wants to be in his own home poor boy because he is so noisy so we have to tell him to quieten down. When he's outside in the summer, he doesn't scream and shriek and shout like children do because again, we tell him to keep it down so he doesn't upset the neighbours.
We rarely play our music at any high volume so as not to disturb them, we wait till they go out. We also don't use our surround sound system on our TV, again, so we don't disturb them.

So stuff it now, consideration out the window, I am so not in the mood for this at the moment so they picked the wrong time and the wrong people to be petty and downright rude with!! How dare he even have the nerve to say that?!?!

Oh and I like how he waits for me to go out then scribbles a note and posts it through our door rather than come and speak to us face to face. He'll be face to face with my husband tonight when my husband takes the note back to him........

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Neighbours eh! One of my neighbours said she could here banging or furniture being moved around late at night, around 12 a.m. She even complained about hearing my washing machine spinning. For 1 I wouldn't be washing at midnight, 2 I have a hotpoint ultima washing mashine which is bloody silent when it spins. Lol.
This went on for a few months and to cut a long story short it turned out to be her airiel was loose on the roof!! Did she appolagize. errr nope.

Last night I got a text at 11.03 which said 'Can you take your shoe's off please.' ????????????? I have laminated floors in the bedrooms by the way.

I would actually go and address this face to face, try to nip it in the bud before it really becomes a problem- if your going to work from home you dont want the hassle of him complaining as it may cause difficulties for your business.
I would keep calm, polite and bite my lip while addressing each of the issues.

Whilst he may be an interfeiring old busybody just wanting to complain about anything, surely it'll be better to get him onside now then battle with him when running a business.

Totally agree. Face it down so you don't get high blood pressure.

I would actually go and address this face to face, try to nip it in the bud before it really becomes a problem- if your going to work from home you dont want the hassle of him complaining as it may cause difficulties for your business.

Whilst he may be an interfeiring old busybody just wanting to complain about anything, surely it'll be better to get him onside now then battle with him when running a business.

We always said that if anyone was going to complain it would be them and I've actually already spoken to planning about them and the likelihood they'd try and complain about everything and they're fine with it and obviously know about it already.
I'm leaving this one to my husband. No, I don't want the hassle but unless he's watching me all the time, then he won't know when I have clients in anyway as the entrance for the garden is at the back of our house. So whilst we don't want the hassle, we also are absolutely not having someone tell us how to parent, that's just not on and he just has no right whatsoever to say that, I am gobsmacked that he's even dared to mention it, I would never tell someone what they can and can't do!!

Kill with kindness , smile sweetly and suggest a double gate for his driveway to stop people turning on on, tell him it will only add value to his property ;) and that you will let clients know that his drive is weak and not safe to turn on ;)
Also ask if his insulation needs doing as that will help sound proof,

Last night I got a text at 11.03 which said 'Can you take your shoe's off please.' ????????????? I have laminated floors in the bedrooms by the way.

That is ridiculous!!!!! How does she have your number?

Kill with kindness , smile sweetly and suggest a double gate for his driveway to stop people turning on on, tell him it will only add value to his property ;) and that you will let clients know that his drive is weak and not safe to turn on ;)
Also ask if his insulation needs doing as that will help sound proof,

That's just it, I don't have any clients yet so no one other than me (and only this morning) has turned round on his driveway, and I didn't even turn round on it anyway, I backed on to the dropped kerb, that's council property ;)

But yes, a friend of mine told me to hand him back the note and say this can't possibly be for me as you are mistaking me for someone who gives a ..... and give him a big old smile, turn around and walk away :D

Definitely Planky, I would try to diffuse the situation as quickly as possible as you don't want anyone ruining your business plans after you've worked so hard. We used to have a really horrible neighbour and it got to the point that I hated even leaving my house incase I saw them.
I know it's really hard to keep your cool when people question your parenting but at the end of the day he's just a busybody.

Now, stick the kettle on and count to 10 :hug:

And this is why I don't talk to my neighbors.

Definitely Planky, I would try to diffuse the situation as quickly as possible as you don't want anyone ruining your business plans after you've worked so hard. We used to have a really horrible neighbour and it got to the point that I hated even leaving my house incase I saw them.
I know it's really hard to keep your cool when people question your parenting but at the end of the day he's just a busybody.

Now, stick the kettle on and count to 10 :hug:

We're just not used to horrible neighbours, we have always lived next door to the most lovely people. In fact our old neighbours couldn't believe it when we saw them and told them what this neighbour had called our son and other things they'd said, they adored our little boy, tantrums and all :wink2: wish we still had them as neighbours. These people have been very unfriendly right from the start, my son waves at the woman nearly every day when she's going to work and she completely blanks him, never says hello to either of us either, she's so rude!

They're obviously just not very nice people. Was your house empty for a long time before you moved in, maybe they forgot what having neighbours was actually like :rolleyes:

They sound like they could be very petty though, I'd try to keep it friendly xx

And this is why I don't talk to my neighbors.
In your head you don't talk to the neighbours ... in reality the neighbours don't talk to YOU.

In your head you don't talk to the neighbours ... in reality the neighbours don't talk to YOU.

Jeezuz, quit stalking me.

I think you have a girl-crush on me.:Love:

Jeezuz, quit stalking me.

I think you have a girl-crush on me.:Love:
Oh dear - still having those deluded notions, maybe you need to go back on the medication

They're obviously just not very nice people. Was your house empty for a long time before you moved in, maybe they forgot what having neighbours was actually like :rolleyes:

They sound like they could be very petty though, I'd try to keep it friendly xx

Well this is petty in the first place! There were neighbours in here before, they had a baby. He has an older son from another marriage himself, he's clearly forgotten what boys can be like with noise and has forgotten what the tantrums can be like also. And I'm pretty 100% certain he must have shouted at his son at some point himself so he can get off that massive high horse!!
My son is being extremely difficult this week, so yes, my voice has been raised a few times but that is no ones business but mine, it's really got my goat but I'm sure we'll be calm, we always get massively annoyed first off but later we calm down, so I know my husband will be polite and will gently remind them of the things we too have to put up with from them and it's give and take on both sides and will also politely remind him that how we parent is of no concern to him!

Neighbours, who'd have them?

We have couple down my street who have complained that I park on the council owned street in a visitor bay and they would ring the police. I nipped it in the bud and called the police first to see where I stand. It's first come, first serve for parking in that area and for however long they like. It's all because the two women can't drive properly and have to use the entire road for reversing and parking on their drive. This was all done with a note left on my car.

Last year, they waited until I'd gone to a mobile client and went to see my family, stating I had keyed their very old BMW. Their car was more valuable than mine, blah blah. It's not. That I'd done it on purpose, that my bf is a weirdo because he has OCD and has to check he has locked his car in a bit of a routine. They called the police who came to see me.

Also I've had the police sent to me because I apparently threw a bottle at their front door which smashed and I ran off. I was actually at college that night so the police told them to stop wasting their time!

I'm now able to do them for harassment (told by police) if they continue to repeatedly point fingers at me for something I didn't do. We've never had any problems with neighbours until this pair turned up and they are down right annoying!

I've just been thinking about a situation my mum found herself in with a neighbour, my mum lives in a quiet cul de sac with lots of dog owners, all of the dogs would run about with each other, supervised, for a while every day, Anyway one of the neighbours complained to my mum that her dog had fouled on her lawn, my mum was mortified and rushed to clean it up and stopped letting her dog out to play with the others.
So as time passed there had been a couple of other incidents with this neighbour and her father, one being her father threatening my mum and her dog with a strimmer :rolleyes: because Buddy sniffed his car...
Then one morning my mum, who is in her late 50's, lives on her own and is the most gentle, sweet lady you could meet, came down her stairs to find that someone had stuffed dog poo through her letterbox! They used a nail file and had also managed to break her letterbox. :eek:
It was such a mess for her to clean up and she was so upset. She felt really vunerable and intimidated, but we couldn't prove who it was so they got away with it.

Sorry went a bit off topic there but I'm just thinking about how vindictive people can be, it's best not to inflame the situation when your home is involved, imo xx

Neighbours, who'd have them?

We have couple down my street who have complained that I park on the council owned street in a visitor bay and they would ring the police. I nipped it in the bud and called the police first to see where I stand. It's first come, first serve for parking in that area and for however long they like. It's all because the two women can't drive properly and have to use the entire road for reversing and parking on their drive. This was all done with a note left on my car.

Last year, they waited until I'd gone to a mobile client and went to see my family, stating I had keyed their very old BMW. Their car was more valuable than mine, blah blah. It's not. That I'd done it on purpose, that my bf is a weirdo because he has OCD and has to check he has locked his car in a bit of a routine. They called the police who came to see me.

Also I've had the police sent to me because I apparently threw a bottle at their front door which smashed and I ran off. I was actually at college that night so the police told them to stop wasting their time!

I'm now able to do them for harassment (told by police) if they continue to repeatedly point fingers at me for something I didn't do. We've never had any problems with neighbours until this pair turned up and they are down right annoying!

Jeez, what a nightmare!! There really are some pathetic people in this world with nothing better to do with their time. Hope they leave you alone now!

He was always at work during the day, don't know if he's lost his job or something but also, not being funny, but if you don't like noise, you don't like children, then why are you living in a semi detached house in a family dominated street????? :rolleyes: I think a bungalow in a quiet cul de sac full of old people would be more up their street :)

Jeez, what a nightmare!! There really are some pathetic people in this world with nothing better to do with their time. Hope they leave you alone now!

He was always at work during the day, don't know if he's lost his job or something but also, not being funny, but if you don't like noise, you don't like children, then why are you living in a semi detached house in a family dominated street????? :rolleyes: I think a bungalow in a quiet cul de sac full of old people would be more up their street :)

I do agree with you on this, unless it was their family home to start with and now can't afford to move or something. Are they elderly? My guess is he has probably lost his job like you say and has taken to taking it out on others.

No, they still don't leave me alone. They stare at me every time I go in or out of our road. They have the cheek to yell to anyone in the road at the same time as me that they best watch out as I will scratch their cars too etc It's ridiculous and still happening, but I'm ignoring it now and continuing to do as I always have. They will not win!

Latest posts

Back