Sorry........I Can't Hear You!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbours are just as pathetic as yours! Not allowed to park there, not allowed to park here, don't let your dog out after 11, don't let your cat in my garden, no loud music, blah blah blah.

Mr I drive a big Audi I can do what I want had a screaming fit at me one day, I told him where to stick it. Mr & mrs next door constantly have their music up, block our gate so we can't get out, let their kids into my garden when they kick the ball over! Leave notes on the cars, and more recently chucking their dirty, used contraception into the garden (yes, I've watched her) why?! Who do these people think they are?!

Go and confront them and ask them what their problem is, they'll just mumble, they won't say anything back, they won't expect it. They prefer to hide behind their pen and paper.

I forgot to mention they also steal the post!

I do agree with you on this, unless it was their family home to start with and now can't afford to move or something. Are they elderly? My guess is he has probably lost his job like you say and has taken to taking it out on others.

No, they still don't leave me alone. They stare at me every time I go in or out of our road. They have the cheek to yell to anyone in the road at the same time as me that they best watch out as I will scratch their cars too etc It's ridiculous and still happening, but I'm ignoring it now and continuing to do as I always have. They will not win!

All I know is that he was married before and had a son with his first wife. He lived in this house alone at first then met his next wife. The first time we met her she said then that she doesn't like children and made a joke about thank goodness she only had to see his child every other weekend!! I was round there several times when we first moved here apologising for our son's tantrums and noise, as they were really bad. He didn't settle well here at all at first, we moved 60 miles away from all our family and friends and so his tantrums got really bad. He was slamming doors to the point all the plaster has cracked and come away which we still need to fix :rolleyes: But I felt awful that he was making so much noise and how it must be affecting them, so felt it right to go round and apologise. It was on one of those occasions that she mentioned him playing with his cars on the wooden floor and that he was a little s*d for being so noisy!! :mad:
I ignored it and we've just carried on but she has just completely blanked us since then and makes no effort to even smile at our son when he waves to her.
At the end of the day, my little boy was 4 (now 5) and he is a child, children make noise and really I shouldn't have apologised for it, he's just being a child. And children can be naughty, when other tactics don't work, shouting does, so yes, he gets shouted at at times. I'm no different to any other parent and I won't have someone make me feel bad for doing so!!
Neighbours.....the bane of many people's lives. In fact they should think themselves lucky that we're actually not that bad at all, we could be much much worse!! ;)

My neighbours are just as pathetic as yours! Not allowed to park there, not allowed to park here, don't let your dog out after 11, don't let your cat in my garden, no loud music, blah blah blah.

Mr I drive a big Audi I can do what I want had a screaming fit at me one day, I told him where to stick it. Mr & mrs next door constantly have their music up, block our gate so we can't get out, let their kids into my garden when they kick the ball over! Leave notes on the cars, and more recently chucking their dirty, used contraception into the garden (yes, I've watched her) why?! Who do these people think they are?!

Go and confront them and ask them what their problem is, they'll just mumble, they won't say anything back, they won't expect it. They prefer to hide behind their pen and paper.

I forgot to mention they also steal the post!

Oh dear that sounds horrendous too. What is wrong with some people?? :rolleyes:

Oh i hate neighbours!! There's always someone who has to stick their oar in isn't there...i can't wait for a day when i don't have any!
Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

God reading these neighbours from hell stories i'm glad i live in the country. nearest neighbour? 1km down the lane. phew!

I may be wrong, but I think jealousy may be involved.

Perhaps you have what this "lady" would have liked, and it's eating her up. Perhaps her "I hate children" mantra is because she was unable to have any.

I suspect the husband has to appease her.

The way I'd take it is to feel sorry for her. Not to change your lifestyle, but just tell yourself she has a problem.

I'd turn the music off, stay on the moral high ground and carry on waving cheerily to her!

I DO think calling your son a name was absolutely awful; I hope it was just a case of her saying it jokily - although it's clearly not an acceptable joke.

Hope it all blows over quickly for you xx

I may be wrong, but I think jealousy may be involved.

Perhaps you have what this "lady" would have liked, and it's eating her up. Perhaps her "I hate children" mantra is because she was unable to have any.

I suspect the husband has to appease her.

The way I'd take it is to feel sorry for her. Not to change your lifestyle, but just tell yourself she has a problem.

I'd turn the music off, stay on the moral high ground and carry on waving cheerily to her!

I DO think calling your son a name was absolutely awful; I hope it was just a case of her saying it jokily - although it's clearly not an acceptable joke.

Hope it all blows over quickly for you xx

No she didn't say it jokingly and from what she said in that conversation we had, she can have children just never wanted them and doesn't like them, she could just be saying that of course. She does have a problem yes, but I don't think that excuses the rudeness. If there's one thing I can't tolerate from people it's downright rudeness when it's not necessary and totally uncalled for xx

I've lived in the same home for 19 years. I have two neighbors with whom we share a back fence. I don't know who they are, don't know their names, don't know how many people live there etc., and quite frankly, don't give a rat's a**.

This latest bunch, I caught their son (8 years old) throwing rocks across the fence at my rotties. I walked around the street to their front door and let the mom know what her little boy was doing and that I'd appreciate it if she'd ensure he'd not do it again. I did it nicely, too.

She immediately went on the defensive saying she didn't appreciate having to live behind vicious dogs. She went so far as to say if her son pelted my dogs with rocks, they deserved it. Well...now I'm pissed.

I told her, "If I catch that little a**hole throwing rocks at my dogs, I'm going to report him and you for animal cruelty."

Two days later after letting the dogs out, my husband heard one of our rotties yelping. Buddy, our biggest rottie, had a big patch of skin missing on one of his ears and the scruff of his neck. It looked like a burn. My husband immediately took him to the vet where he was told it appeared to be a chemical burn...like acid. When my husband got back to the house with Buddy, he found a bottle in the back yard. When he picked it up, it burned his hand. It was the bottle they used to pour the acid onto Buddy. It took everything I had to keep my husband from hurting our neighbors.

Law enforcement was called. But we couldn't really prove they had done it. We harrassed the hell out of them until they moved. Well, I harrassed the hell out of them. :wink2:

OMG Tammie that's horrendous!!!!!! Seriously some people are just so evil and nasty and for what reason?!?! Grrr makes me so mad!
Last summer Finlay kept losing balls, foam aeroplanes etc next door but so they could hear, I did tell him that it was tough and he'd be lucky to get them back because I'd be annoyed if I had to keep throwing stuff back over the fence and that if he wasn't careful with them then I wouldn't blame them for not giving them back. If he wanted to play then he played away from the fence. They did return the stuff, which was kind of them and didn't make an issue of it, so grateful for that but as much as I know how annoying it can be to live next door to a small child, he is exactly that, a small child and I won't have rudeness about him or my parenting skills when it wasn't deserved. If my son was throwing rocks at a dog, he'd get the biggest telling off ever!! THAT I can understand but don't you dare tell me not to shout at my son when you can't even bring yourself to even say hello to him grrrrrrr :mad: (and by you I don't mean you Tammie LoL!)

There really ARE some horrendous neighbours about......Tammie's dog could have been blinded and just imagine if a child had been in the garden....

I feel like going round and giving mine a big hug. ( Perhaps not though!)

These neighbors enjoyed a view of a beautiful park courtesy of my back fence. So they'd sit in their backyard, peer through my chain link fence and view nature. They'd invite frends and family over, have cookouts and sit out there for hours just admiring the view through my fence, through my yard. I ended that! I thought about putting up a wooden privacy fence. But where's the fun in that?

The fence belonged to us but these folks had planted something on it. Some type of decorative vine. I killed it. When she complained, I told her to put up her own God d*mn fence.

I put up a clothes line and started hanging random crap on it. Old blankets, towels, rugs, the dogs' blankets....whatever. That was their view...random ratty crap. They couldn't see the park.

Finally that got to be a pain in the a** so Ron parked both of our boats back there and they are big and they are tall. They not only blocked their view of the park, they cast a permanent shadow on the neighbor's backyard. They moved shortly thereafter.

Hey, that's what you get for throwing acid on my dog.

Don't mess me.

These neighbors enjoyed a view of a beautiful park courtesy of my back fence. So they'd sit in their backyard, peer through my chain link fence and view nature. They'd invite frends and family over, have cookouts and sit out there for hours just admiring the view through my fence, through my yard. I ended that! I thought about putting up a wooden privacy fence. But where's the fun in that?

The fence belonged to us but these folks had planted something on it. Some type of decorative vine. I killed it. When she complained, I told her to put up her own God d*mn fence.

I put up a clothes line and started hanging random crap on it. Old blankets, towels, rugs, the dogs' blankets....whatever. That was their view...random ratty crap. They couldn't see the park.

Finally that got to be a pain in the a** so Ron parked both of our boats back there and they are big and they are tall. They not only blocked their view of the park, they cast a permanent shadow on the neighbor's backyard. They moved shortly thereafter.

Hey, that's what you get for throwing acid on my dog.

Don't mess me.

Well I think you handled that very diplomatically!! Hanging random stuff on a washing line is far too nice for what they did. But they moved, so that's good. What are your new neighbours like? I miss my old ones terribly now :sad:

Oh Tammy that's just awful about your dog. Poor thing.

I'm a great believer in 'what goes around comes around'. Payback will come to all those nasty people, put a big hex on them!!!!

Hugs to all with nasty neighbours( I don't even know the names of mine and I'm happy with that )

Vicki xx

Don't know. Don't talk to them. They're renters.

I hope things work out for you, Claire. But as you can see, we all have a**holes for neighbors.

Well my husband has just gone round there!! Will wait and see if I hear any shouting through the Walls!! :D

Could have done with you Gr8Nails, my last nutty neighbour stole my cat..... as in I watched him take her out of my garden and into his house, because he thought she was a stray... wtf?? He used to bang on my doors when I was in the house on my own in the early hours of the morning and any time i had the tv on (always was on mute, didn't watch it as was always reading, just on for company) bloke was mental. Couldnt use the washing machine hover or anything in the end.

My cat did go missing just as she had had kittens ......

He got other people to complain to our landlord, got us accused of tipping rubbish, the list goes on.

Then it got plain evil...
My partner at the time beet me up and threw me almost naked in the street, he opened the window and told me to shut up (bleeding and crying) I asked him to call the police, he refused and pretty much told me he hoped he killed me. I never went back to the house but to move out.

Could have done with you Gr8Nails, my last nutty neighbour stole my cat..... as in I watched him take her out of my garden and into his house, because he thought she was a stray... wtf?? He used to bang on my doors when I was in the house on my own in the early hours of the morning and any time i had the tv on (always was on mute, didn't watch it as was always reading, just on for company) bloke was mental. Couldnt use the washing machine hover or anything in the end.

He got other people to complain to our landlord, got us accused of tipping rubbish, the list goes on.

My partner at the time beet me up and threw me almost naked in the street, he opened the window and told me to shut up (bleeding and crying) I asked him to call the police, he refused and pretty much told me he hoped he killed me. I never went back to the house but to move out.

OMG! This is just plain evil.

OMG this is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is ridiculous!!!!! How does she have your number?

She's always had my number. I can't say too much cause she minds my house and feeds the cats when we go on holiday. lol

Good job you have a hubby to put a stop to it, and i'm sure nothing like that will ever happen.
Just shows you all how mean people can be when the get a bee in their bonnet about some stupid c88p! just pleased I am a happy bunny now :)
I would also be inclined to think there is something going on with her, resentment of some sort, anything further iffy go to the police, and keep a record of all of it.

Latest posts

Back