Sothys organic skincare, has anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connor1

Reaction score
I've just found out thet Sothys do an organic range now. They charge £2500 start up cost, but this includes stands, samples, retail sales support, proffessional and retail range plus training (can also spread the cost over 3 months). What do you think, is this reasonable?:hug: xxx

I've just found out thet Sothys do an organic range now. They charge £2500 start up cost, but this includes stands, samples, retail sales support, proffessional and retail range plus training (can also spread the cost over 3 months). What do you think, is this reasonable?:hug: xxx
Sothys is a long standing well established brand,and has been for over 50 years....Bernard Mas is the founder,bringing science combined with nature to produce effective results led skin care....it is highly acclaimed in France,in over 1000 salons....it is in one of the top ten French brands,together with Academie,Decleor,Thalgo,Gatineau,and Guinot which have always been a salon and spa brand.

I am not quite sure whwre you heard the word "organic".....it might be so in some products,and maybe in some "proffessional only" products that make the facial the USP....

I have seen on your profile you currently use Comfort Zone....what is making you switch,or are you taking on another brand.....just be sure to weigh up the pros and cons....:hug:

I am not familiar with the product.
I just noticed the word "organic"
This word is bandied about by all kinds of companies, using a marketing ploy to try to make peeps think their stuff is better, kinder to them, etc...
I would do research on the ingredients to find out exactly what's in their products.

Organic only means that it contains carbon.
Poison ivy is organic...
LOL

Kind of like how avon, revlon and maybeline etc all have mineral makeup now :rolleyes: and yet the makeup is FULL of crap that true mineral makeup is NOT supposed to contain. BUT because they did add 'some' minerals to the makeup, they are allowed to advertise as such.

I personally steer clear of brands that like to create a false sense of security or wellbeing to their clients.

Just my opinion and by NO MEANS a reflection on the brand in question.
:hug:

I know Victoria...the word "organic" steers me towards caution......that is why i am surprised Sothys may claim this.:confused:

Sothys have recently released a new range called Beauty Garden, this is the organic range. I've tried a few samples of this range (I currently use the rest of the sothys range) but haven't had a lot to do with the beauty garden products as I don't stock them yet.

I have a lot of info on these products, but it's in the salon, I can look up some product/ingredient info tomorrow.

As for sothys products in general, I swear by them. They are fantastic products, beautiful to use, acheive great results, excellent training, great reputation, I could go on.

I had a look at my product info today, but the beauty garden ingredients aren't listed as I don't actually stock that range. All I could find was this quote

"Sothys scientific project team is researching the next
generation of natural preservatives, natural stabilisers and
organic active ingredients for future Sothys skin care
formulations.

The first release of the new Organic Beauty Garden range features a spa treatment for face and body and a line of skin care for home use with 100% of the active ingredients certified organic."

It seems only the active ingredients are certified organic, but it would be interesting to find out more about the ingredients. I haven't asked sothys for much info on these products as I don't intend to stock them at the moment.

Thank you for your replys guys, I'v definately got some food for thought now :hug: x

I trained in Sothy's in 1996 & although I liked some of their products, when I first encountered them they were using bovine amniotic fluid & crushed cow's aorta in some of their products. I'm assuming they no longer do this, but to be honest it was enough to put me off using them!

Latest posts

Back