Soul Mates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnymad

Reaction score
Ok - so I've been chatting to my friend about soul mates, twin flames, twin souls, but we haven't come to any conclusions about it. Do you think that they exist? How do you know when you have met them? What happens if you think you have met them and you are already in a relationship with someone else? Are you with your soulmate now and how did you know? Any stories or point of view very welcome! Thanks!

Hi Lynsey
Do you think you have found your soulmate?
I don't think you know straight away if you're lucky enough to have met your soul mate, I truly believe it's something that grows with the 'right person'.
You know the kind of thing I mean... when you know what they're going to say next, or what they're thinking (even if they don't admit it), my hubby and I have been together for 18 years, married for 16, and I can honestly say that I don't ever want another living person to know me the way he does... hell I'd be scared if anyone else knew me that well lol.
We got engaged after 3 weeks of being 'a couple', everyone told us it wouldn't work... well, we're living proof that it can work, providing you're willing to try hard enough, it hasn't always been easy but we've fought our way through and we've made it.
I do believe in soulmates, and I know I've found mine :Love:
yep, it is a bit soppy, but then love is.... isn't it? :D
although I don't think it always has to be your partner, I think it is possible to have a soulmate in your best-friend too.
Sandi xxx

Hello....my husband is my soul mate... simple for me, I knew it on day 2 and we are still going strong! He knows what i think, I know what he does... it's wonderful having a closeness like that! :Kissing:

I was in a bad relationship when I met my soulmate Adrian. Everyone thought I was looking for a way out but I fell in love the day I met him. We have now been together for nine years and seem to get stronger everyday. So yes I guess I do believe in soulmates.

Donna

Hiya... I totally agree....i was in a club and Rob asked me to dance....i knew straight away. 13 years later we are still very much in love but it gets deeper with the years...we still have a laugh and still go on dates.....with each other i mean. He gets ready at his dads...i get ready at home....then meet in town and pretend its a first date.....it is sooo funny....then in the morning i tell him he had better leave as my ol man will be home soon.
Sounds a bit silly i know but we like to have a laugh....we chat for hours and never take each other for granted. I really don't think i would feel complete without him.

How soppy is that......get ya tissues out....lol

Iv been with my hubbie since i was 15, im now 33..! Id get less for murder ;)

But we our soul mates, we dont even have to talk..! One look and i know what he's thinking and vice versa. I can answer a question before he's said what he's gonna say. I could never imagine being with anyone else.

My first, my last, my everything :Love:

Hi Sandi

I know what you mean about soulmates being friends - the friend I was talking to about this I met at Uni and we really hit it off -we have had similar lives, experiences, thoughts and views on life and I really believe that we were meant to meet each other to help us through the next how ever many years of life we have - even now that we live hundreds of miles away from each other similar things happen to us at the same time and I know we will be friends for life regardless of distance.

When I met my now husband (married 2.5 years together 7.5 years) I knew, just sensed, that there was something there - as he did, although we didn't get together straight away. It was the same for my friend (she's also married), but the thing is that she recently met someone where when they looked at each other everything else disappeared - she said it seemed like there was only the two of them in the room - she could envisage a whole future with this person (although she had not really spoken to him before or since) and felt that he felt the same and thought that this was not like anything experienced ever before - not rational or anything, just "right".

I'm personally really confused about the whole thing now - I really love my husband, and totally know what you mean about fighting your way through to make it work! My friend's situation really made me think about my relationship and whether there truly is one person for everyone!

Sandi I think it is so lovely that you have proved the skeptics wrong - you know yourself better than anyone else and to know after three weeks that you wanted to be together forever must have been a severe reaction!

PS I scare my hubby cos I know what he is thinking sooo often - he doesn't like it at all!

You know what Lynsey... I think it's great that you, and everyone else who answered so far, has found someone who they believe is their soulmate, whether it's a partner or a bestfriend.
Sometimes it's something that 'feels right' at the time, other times it takes a while to realise what you've found, on both counts, it's fantastic. To have someone to confide in, love, befriend, and basically bare your soul to is one of the best gifts anyone can have.
OMG... I'm starting to sound all mushy... time to go lol
xxx

Angie - how cute is that! Going on dates - I'd love to do that still - I feel all warm and fuzzy inside right now!:Love:

Love at first sight with me, Chemistry was electric and yes he is my soulmate. I know that he is the love of my life. Together 8 years, married 5 years this year.

Well, I'm afraid that I'm gonna be negative here. If I had a pound for every pair of soul mates that I've know over the years who are now divorced, I'd be a very rich woman.

I believe that the feeling we get when we think we've met our soulmate is a mixture of love and lust.

Kimmi Rocks said:
I believe that the feeling we get when we think we've met our soulmate is a mixture of love and lust.

Damn straight Kimmi - you just have to hope that it is deep enough for the lust to taper off and still love.... it's never ever going to be like the first 10 times :eek: but actually it gets better (for me anyway). I think I would have wanted to put my bro in a lunatic asylum if he had come home from a country on the other side of the world, said he had fallen in love in three days and was going to move there to live with the said 'girlfriend of 3 days' and her parents and her 5 year old son... I would have thought he was totally nuts.... but you knpw what.... that is EXACTLY what the Geek did.... anyway... 7 years and going strong :Love:

Kimmi Rocks said:
Well, I'm afraid that I'm gonna be negative here. If I had a pound for every pair of soul mates that I've know over the years who are now divorced, I'd be a very rich woman.

Ahhhhh....i dont think so kimmi....after 13 years i still fancy the pants of rob...although i will say...we are not married. I have known people be happy for years then get married and six months later they split up. This scares me so i dont wanna be anyones wife....i think if you get married within the first few years its ok.....but after many years....errrr dunno. It shouldnt make a difference but i am not willing to take the chance. So i wont marry him cos i love him toooooo much. Does that make sence.

Kimmi...you wont be be getting a pound from me....this i am sure off. xxxxx

well i am the same as you bunny mad ! i am not shor about the hole thing ether ... how can you say you are sole mates when you know wot each other is thinking and going to say - i have just put that down to how long we have been with each other !!!???

one of my freinds is very similar to me and we have a lot of the same iders we have known each other for 3 years so would this be clased as sole mates ???

sorry spell check has done a runner ...lol

My husband's my soul mate. We got engaged 2 1/2 months after we met, and got married 3 months after that, and never looked back. It's our 18th Anniversary next monday, and still going strong. Sure we've had ups and downs, like all couples and been through very tough times (financially), but we've always had same ideas and solutions and managed to pull through. If you can make it through bad times and come out the other end, still together and loving and respecting each other, it will last. I hope.

Well I can honestly say that my husband is my soul mate and my bestest bestest friend.
I knew the first time i met him.....I was a single mum, he came to fit a carpet for me and 6 days later we were married!!! We've been together for 11 years now, and he still makes me feel all squishy and loved!! Mind you, his mother still says i must be a tart for marrying someone after only meeting them 6 days before the wedding....she never even came to her own son's wedding and still doesn't approve of me,though!
But yes, i do believe in soul mates......i can't explain it, but you'll just know when you've met yours :D

mandy_moo_64 said:
Well I can honestly say that my husband is my soul mate and my bestest bestest friend.
I knew the first time i met him.....I was a single mum, he came to fit a carpet for me and 6 days later we were married!!! We've been together for 11 years now, and he still makes me feel all squishy and loved!! Mind you, his mother still says i must be a tart for marrying someone after only meeting them 6 days before the wedding....she never even came to her own son's wedding and still doesn't approve of me,though!
But yes, i do believe in soul mates......i can't explain it, but you'll just know when you've met yours :D

omg...what a horrid person....did you remind her that her son also married someone after only 6 days....what does that make him. Some people....good for you hun and i am happy for you even if cruwella isn't. xxxxxxxx

thanks Angie

I just smile when she calls me a tart, and say 'yes, i am...& your son loves every minute of it' :D :D hee!!hee!!

my soul mate is rob i have been with him since i was 19, (was a bit of a girl before then ;) )
the longer we are together the better it gets.
we have been through some s**t i can tell you we've split up we fought like cat and dog but i put it down to maturity i was a young wife and young mum, my mum died i had terrible deppresion i was a b***h, 3 boys under 4 and he was a serving royal marine.
now i am in my 30's and rob near his 40's :D we are totally at ease with each other and getting personal but the bedroom dept is amazing and i dont care what you say if your compatable in that department then you can work through alot.
we could have ended up the other way divorced because sometimes it has headed towards it but i am so glad we stuck with it............because now we have been married 12 years and it is getting better.
i love him more now because we know each other so well and i still fancy the pants off him also i still want him to fancy me and i think that is so important too.
he knows me better than anyone in the world all the bad bits too and yet he still loves me, and i still love him although he grips my s**t sometimes......lol :Love: :Love:

Having had several soulmates in my life that turned out to me arsehole mates, there is nothing that would make me happier than to meet another one..............but this time for keeps.

I am your typical tough bird. We are fiesty, afraid of nothing and nobody, but with the biggest, softest hearts you could find. Ain't that right Geeg?

I would like nothing more than to meet my soulmate, my true love, my holding my hand when I die mate, but as of yet, that hasn't happened.

Maybe one day eh.

Latest posts

Back