Sourcing hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried sourcing there own hair extensions?

I think that means no lol wouldn't sourcing them be VERY complicated?

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I think that means no lol wouldn't sourcing them be VERY complicated?

Probably lol would think you would need some money in place. Just wanted more info lol

Yeah deff, I think u would need to go abroad to source it, I heard of an extensionist who got fed up of suppliers and went to India or somewhere and sourced herself

If you figure it out let me know haha !!! I don't know where to start lol x

If you figure it out let me know haha !!! I don't know where to start lol x

I think it ms quite hard if you have no were to start you need a good load of money behind you I think as you order in bulks :)

I think it ms quite hard if you have no were to start you need a good load of money behind you I think as you order in bulks :)

It's more so the not knowing where to start that's the main problem for me lol!! I have up far to easily I think. Night have to start sourcing again. More so russian than anything else. X

It's more so the not knowing where to start that's the main problem for me lol!! I have up far to easily I think. Night have to start sourcing again. More so russian than anything else. X

Same here chick no idea where to start although I'd love to know where if any one gas any good tips

I think everyone misunderstands the word "source" we all "source" our own hair every time we find a supplier of hair we would like to order. "Sourcing" is researching and finding that's all. I've noticed a lot of extensionists state they "source" their own hair on their website, which is true no doubt as I "source" mine daily, it just seems to be some kind of marketing ploy to fool potential customers into believing you've gone direct to a manufacturer abroad and therefore your hair is of a higher quality at cheaper prices because you've supposedly cut out the middleman. Personally unless your Tatiana or someone if similar standing I'd be surprised if it's true

But back to the point, I've sourced my own hair from abroad, but to get any form of decent pricing you have to buy in bulk in every colour, every weight of strand etc, it's very rare you can mix up your order into different colours and types etc.So in order to buy direct from a manufacturer you're looking at around 20 to 30 grand I reckon.

Perhaps we should all get together and buy one big bulk shipment lol

Last edited:
Yes I do! I have a direct link to an Indian temple where people offer their hair to their god - at least that's what I've heard. I buy the ponytails & I'm just tipping it myself. X

Yes I do! I have a direct link to an Indian temple where people offer their hair to their god - at least that's what I've heard. I buy the ponytails & I'm just tipping it myself. X

I'm speaking to someone aswell bt am getting so confused as the prices I am being given are the same prices if you was to buy from a uk supplier

I'm speaking to someone aswell bt am getting so confused as the prices I am being given are the same prices if you was to buy from a uk supplier

I'm deffo going wrong somewhere lol

Do you mind PM-ing me the info hun please?

You either buy direct from the temple or through a third party like a supplier? If your buying direct it can't be hearsay i.e " that's what iv heard" ? x

You either buy direct from the temple or through a third party like a supplier? If your buying direct it can't be hearsay i.e " that's what iv heard" ? x

I buy from an Indian guy who buys from the temples - x

Not sure where you are looking I found someone within half an hour he sent me samples if Slavic hair with 4 days from factory in china it is no different to the Russian hair I have purchased here in fact it's better !! I also got him to send me a colour ring and samples of tape ins and copper tubes as I hate micro rings perfect service it's all there if you look try Ali baba there's a lot if choice .. As for huge quantities I can order exactly amounts I want you will pay higher postage though if you only want a small amount but Dahl had it here in 4 days door to door !! All in all a good experience 😄

Not sure where you are looking I found someone within half an hour he sent me samples if Slavic hair with 4 days from factory in china it is no different to the Russian hair I have purchased here in fact it's better !! I also got him to send me a colour ring and samples of tape ins and copper tubes as I hate micro rings perfect service it's all there if you look try Ali baba there's a lot if choice .. As for huge quantities I can order exactly amounts I want you will pay higher postage though if you only want a small amount but Dahl had it here in 4 days door to door !! All in all a good experience 😄

I've mailed you Hun xx

Latest posts

Back