Speed Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I passed the Creative L+P foundation in May, and I'm just starting my own mobile business. I've done a few people, but not on a regular basis (one every two weeks) and I'm finding it really difficult to speed up. At the moment it takes me around 3 hours, and at the end I feel terrible asking for money. The nails look really good, and last. But I'm really losing my confidence over the time issue. I would appreciate any tips on how I can speed the process up!
Please let me know asap, as I have a client on Saturday!!!
Thanks
Embarrassed Emma

Hiya,
As long as you are doing good enhancements that last, I wouldn't worry to much about the time taken at the mo. Quality better than quantity ever time ;)

Totally agree with Lesley and my clients would agree too !

Hey my time is getting longer and longer as im finding im chatting alot ! lol even with my dust mask on when filing and trying to make a concious effort not too ! lol

I think we'll gradually increase our times without realising, you know what its like when you want to meet a chap - when you are looking you never meet anyone - just like our times, when we stop keep checking i bet we'll stop worrying and naturally our times will get better ! If i can stop chatting so much that is ! lol

omg babbling again ! sorry lol

kx

emman said:
Hi everyone,

I passed the Creative L+P foundation in May, and I'm just starting my own mobile business. I've done a few people, but not on a regular basis (one every two weeks) and I'm finding it really difficult to speed up. At the moment it takes me around 3 hours, and at the end I feel terrible asking for money. The nails look really good, and last. But I'm really losing my confidence over the time issue. I would appreciate any tips on how I can speed the process up!
Please let me know asap, as I have a client on Saturday!!!
Thanks
Embarrassed Emma

Don't be embarassed Emma, this is quite normal, don't think you're alone because we've all be there. Concentrate on doing good work, the timing is something that will come naturally with practice, the more you do the quicker you will become.
Timing used to worry me too. I split it into 4 sections. 1. Nail prep is something that you can't cut corners on so always be thorough. 2. Tip application & blending, make sure to pre-tailor the tips so there is little or no blending to do. 3. Product application, scultp with your brush to achieve a smooth finish. 4. The refining, there shouldn't be much to do once you apply step 3.
But don't stress, get as much practice as you can and before you know it your timing will improve.
Jane

Hi Emma,

I passed my foundation course in May too...and I'm still taking roughly 3 hours! On my last set of tips/L&P I did it it 2.5 hours, but the client only wanted natural tips with pink overlay..if it had been tips & then pink and whites don't know how long I would have taken!! So it seems we're both on an average regards how much time it takes to do a set. Can't wait though to say 'I did a set in 1.5 hours!' LOL!!

Latest posts

Back