Speedy vs Out the Door and Seche Vite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
We are talking fast dry topcoats! :green: Yay!!
I have Dry & Shine, Out The Door plain and in Northern Lights. D&S is lovely, I love the fact that you can see when its done drying from the base up and then give it a buff - great product...... but it takes quite a while.
I do like OTD NL, but not everyone wants glitter! and I find the plain OTD a bit thick - but that could be just my one?
Any way, I have never tried Speedy or Seche Vite. SV seems well respected as a fast drying topcoat, but I have read some strange things about it which to date have put me off.
I have never used Speedy, which seems odd as I am a Creative girl?!
I can't find anything that compares these products so I have no way of judging Speedy...... other than by buying it! But if I am already using the best ones - why fork out!?
What have you found to be the fastest? Application tips (your secrets!) would be helpful too.
Thanks as always!
Gelly x

i use out the door yes it can get thick over time and it is a thicker top coat but i go through bottles of the stuff so it doesn't get a chance to go thick
love it :)

i have used speedy, out the door and seche vite
yep they are all quick dry topcoats and more or less do the same as each other...... i think out of the 3 id pick out the door
i now use ezflows speed finish in the salon now as i prefer it and when used with the uv light it drys v quick
im also testing in a snap by orly at the mo... but i only got a bottle of it at the show... so i have to see when clients come back on how well it lasts for them

Jess
xox

Just to confuse you even more LOL - I use either Super Shiny or Air Dry - cant make up my mind as yet which I prefer - possibly SS has it.

After one minute I spray with Solarspeed and then after one minute the client leaves. Never had any complaints.

I have never used Speedy, which seems odd as I am a Creative girl?!
I can't find anything that compares these products so I have no way of judging Speedy...... other than by buying it! But if I am already using the best ones - why fork out!?
For the cost of it I wouldn't consider it as 'forking out', it's not as if the price will break the bank :wink2:
Why not buy a bottle when you place your next order so you can try it out?

I use Out The Door, Super Shiney, Air Dry and Speedey... out of all of them I use Super Shiney and Speedey most, depending on what finish the client wants and how much time they're got... irrespective as to which one I use I always finish with Solar Speed Spray. Can't compare any of them to Seche Vite as I've never used it.

I used to be a die-hard Seche Vite user, but I've now switched to Good to Go by Essie ... it dries even quicker than Seche!

I've just switched to air dry, and am finding it much faster to dry and still gives me a great shine.

I love "out the door" i have got seche vite but even though it is very quick, to me it isnt as quick as "out the door"

For the cost of it I wouldn't consider it as 'forking out', it's not as if the price will break the bank :wink2:
Why not buy a bottle when you place your next order so you can try it out?

I use Out The Door, Super Shiney, Air Dry and Speedey... out of all of them I use Super Shiney and Speedey most, depending on what finish the client wants and how much time they're got... irrespective as to which one I use I always finish with Solar Speed Spray. Can't compare any of them to Seche Vite as I've never used it.
Ok, that's fair! Forking out implys that it is an expensive product, which it isn't. What I meant is that I could use that money to buy in a new enamel colour or something along those lines, instead of buying Another topcoat - unless the topcoat is better than the ones I already have.

Thanks for the replys so far :green:

i use out the door yes it can get thick over time and it is a thicker top coat but i go through bottles of the stuff so it doesn't get a chance to go thick
love it :)
My OTD is brand new....... do you think there is something wrong with it if it is thick already? Any tips on how to fix it?

My OTD is brand new....... do you think there is something wrong with it if it is thick already? Any tips on how to fix it?

don't know never had to fix mine

unless you are just used to working with very thin top coats i used to use opi start to finish which is very thin untill i started using otd which gives me a mirror finish shine and looks its best on top of dark colours wou;d swap it for anything less

Super Shiney and Out The Door offer more protection to the enamel colour than the thinner top coats like Speedy.

They all dry quickly.

Allot depends on how well you apply your colour in the first place as to how quickly the fast drying topcoats will work.

I also am a Dry & Shine Girl. It drys all the way through the layers and not just the top.

I've used Seche Vite and thought it was fab, but I've now switched to Super Shiney, and find it even better. Combined with Solar Speed - beautiful finish.

Can't comment on OTD - haven't tried it .......yet!!!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back